Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 2023/24

So 1-0 to Wigan - not a terrible performance from York. A 6,600 crowd must be one of the best they've had since the move to the LNER, which is all the more impressive on such a cold and foggy night. The new owner seems popular, which makes a nice change from the owner/manager/fan friction of recent decades and from some of the freeloading c***ts we've had for owners in the past (not the recent ones, although they were less than popular to put it mildly, but longer ago).

I just hope we can stay up. Ardley looks promising, but a return to the National League North would be a disaster.

It wasn't Horsham who ate all the pies
Nothing like lower league football for stuff like that. It's a world away from the Premier League.

In the same vein, here's an amusing tale of a mascot going a bit OTT:

Nothing like lower league football for stuff like that. It's a world away from the Premier League.

In the same vein, here's an amusing tale of a mascot going a bit OTT:

I've seen and heard some tales with mascots but that was hilarious. Cheers for that. 👍
Nb the recounting was much better than the vid.

I've seen and heard some tales with mascots but that was hilarious. Cheers for that. 👍
Nb the recounting was much better than the vid.
Very off-topic so apologies, but the one about his neighbour from the same guy reduced me to tears (of laughter).

Crawley v. Horsham was quite a local derby and we have Eastleigh via reading. The pitch has just been showered with balls and fake money.

I see there is another match live on itvx shortly ,( didn't know that was a thing). Looking forward to seeing the wombles live tomorrow night on itv4.

Bollox. I even managed to miss the Reading goal when I went for a pee.
At least the telly got the “shock” result they wanted.

Now looking forward to the Wombles V. Ramsgate tonight.
Haven't seen them play in ages.

The former FA Cup winners versus the former Kent Senior Cup winners- really looking forward to it. Watch out for their horrid shirt, which looks like a remaindered "reduced to clear" shower curtain from the 1990s.

Ramsgate are a tough little side and aren't completely without hope against a very inconsistent Wimbledon.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 12.57.45.png

Dons are not looking very organised and making mistakes. The Rams could certainly nick this one, but, I suspect the way they are playing fitness will tell and they could be knackered after about an hour.

Footie about to kick off on bbc2. I'm liking the new pundits they have roped in, a gut called Aaron who used to play for the shits. His passion is infectious. Because of him and his lowdown, come on the shots.

Reminiscing here; I remember palace away at Stockport in early 2000's. We scored a very late winner to guarantee survival in the division. The terraces were awash with tears.

Someone at school supported Aldershot, I don't remember him being a happy person :(

That was when they were in proper 4th Division as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom