Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 2023/24

millwall at home to leicester.

season ticket holder but can't be arsed with this one. uninteresting and will save me £35. lower tiers only.

millwall at home to leicester.

season ticket holder but can't be arsed with this one. uninteresting and will save me £35. lower tiers only.
Sounds a right rip off. Back in the day when I had a season ticket I'm sure that some cup matches were included, not that we got anywhere.

Sounds a right rip off. Back in the day when I had a season ticket I'm sure that some cup matches were included, not that we got anywhere.
i think it's cheaper, you're right come to think.

but i honestly don't care about teh cup this year. weve had an awful start and only just showing signs of life.

weirdly, despite being down teh bottom of the league, i am enjoying this season because there's something so nerve shreddign constantly about being top 8 which we have been for a few seasons, or at least mid table. this season feels more of what i am used to!

but i honestly don't care about teh cup this year. weve had an awful start and only just showing signs of life.

weirdly, despite being down teh bottom of the league, i am enjoying this season because there's something so nerve shreddign constantly about being top 8 which we have been for a few seasons, or at least mid table. this season feels more of what i am used to!
We were the boomerang club, constantly being relegated or promoted. These days pretty much mid table mediocracy which is very indifferent. We will never compete with the money the top clubs have.

Why? Front leg studs up, misses ball completely, no control. He only wins nall with second leg, by accident. He was lucky not to cause serious injury.

Because, IMO, he merely brushed the Palace players leg, didn't actually hurt him. Ok his foot was above the ball, but he did win it with the leading leg (it then bounced off his other). The ref was in a good position, no Palace players reacted or appealed which is a reasonable indicator usually. I'm in my mid 50s so accept the game is different from when I played and started watching but I don't get the purpose of sending someone off for a tackle like that. We're on the verge of saying you can't challenge for the ball if so.

I think when players at this level get touched around shins/ankles/feet now, they stay down as they think/expect VAR will intervene if refs don't give it.

Because, IMO, he merely brushed the Palace players leg, didn't actually hurt him. Ok his foot was above the ball, but he did win it with the leading leg (it then bounced off his other). The ref was in a good position, no Palace players reacted or appealed which is a reasonable indicator usually. I'm in my mid 50s so accept the game is different from when I played and started watching but I don't get the purpose of sending someone off for a tackle like that. We're on the verge of saying you can't challenge for the ball if so.

I think when players at this level get touched around shins/ankles/feet now, they stay down as they think/expect VAR will intervene if refs don't give it.
The fact he didn't touch the player is irrelevant. He wasnt in control so the lack of contact/serious injury was luck.

just because he didn't get the ball doesn't mean he was 'out of control' and it's automatically dangerous. he was barely moving. not sure how he could have caused 'serious injury' - have you watched it at full speed?
you can't send people off for every slight mistimed tackle. it's called a foul and maybe a yellow.

A Fulham season ticket holder told me earlier that he can't be arsed to go tonight and says there are many unsold tickets.

I quite liked the VAR complaint when he was expecting it to give a foul "it's a forensic investigation of something that happens in an instant" ... well yes that's the idea of it .. immediately followed by an 'oh' as VAR said no further action

Clyde "Clive" Tyldsley went Full Partridge earlier when it was still 0-0. "It's been a dry January match...but Spurs are looking to mix a cocktail".

He was wibbling about having matches with offside and violent play rules suspended, then about substitutes checking themselves off the pitch through automatic gates. I wondered if Zapp Brannigan would assume he was hallucinating it all due to meds.

He was wibbling about having matches with offside and violent play rules suspended, then about substitutes checking themselves off the pitch through automatic gates. I wondered if Zapp Brannigan would assume he was hallucinating it all due to meds.
That started a conversation between me and Mrs SI about releasing whatever animal is on the club crest onto the pitch if matches get boring. Should liven things up at Millwall (lion), Hull (tiger) or Wolves (can't remember, a robin or something).

Interesting decision on the kits.
I can never understand how kits get chosen for a particular match. Often in the league you get teams wearing their away kit, when there's no need (Chelsea at Luton last week). Today I can only presume they allowed both to wear home kits because of the significance of the Wear-Tyne clash.

Middlesbrough were incredibly disciplined against Villa, and were a bit unlucky not to get a draw.

Haven't watched the football in a while but loving Arsenal's huge 'Visit Rwanda' banners round the ground.

Read the room maybe?

That started a conversation between me and Mrs SI about releasing whatever animal is on the club crest onto the pitch if matches get boring. Should liven things up at Millwall (lion), Hull (tiger) or Wolves (can't remember, a robin or something).
Swindon are or were Robins and maybe Charlton also.
Great day for Maidstone yesterday.
I get why Arsenal are wearing white. The numbers are not that obvious and names on shirts missing altogether. Is that allowed even,?
Given the white, is a shame Liverpool have not reverted to red.

Yep happy to see Maidstone through against Steve Evans' cloggers. The North East derby was a disapointing non-event and Sunderland really will rue appointing that charlatan Michael Beale. I have no idea how that happened.

However the whole round with a few honourable exceptions has been a bit meh.

I dunno about 'nicked' it... Arsenal consistently failed to put anything in the net.. I wonder if this means Ramsdale will be off sooner?

Back
Top Bottom