Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 2023/24

there was some discussion on charlton life this morning about whether it was the shortest journey* between grounds for a competitive match ever for charlton.

charlton's 1907/08 promotion season in the woolwich + district league, second division, when charlton played on woolwich common, included playing No 1 depot, royal field artillery (who finished mid table), and they probably had their home ground somewhere else on or pretty close to woolwich common.

* - apart from ground sharing years where we the home and away games were at the same place, of course
Dundee and Dundee United are or were just across a small road from each other.

It looks like the replay will be at the Cray Valley Stadium, caapicity all of 1000 and it will be live on the box

variety of opinions on the charlton forums - the away allocation isn't likely to be much more than each player getting 2 tickets for family...

just hope there aren't any dickheads who go and cause trouble.

Capacity for the game is 1550 and Charlton have 250 or so allocated.

Hope the Cray Valley regulars who turn out to see their team play Littlehampton and Lordswood have got a seat, and the home allocation isn't full of those weird flask-and-butties trainspotters who buy a programme and immediately put it into a plastic sleeve.

As it happens think it will be straightforward for Charlton who surely can't be as bad again. The TV money and exposure will probably help Cray into the Isthmian Premier- their manager knows what he's doing at that level.

"Our allocation has been taken up by club officials, staff, management, players, their friends and family"
This always annoyed me; part of allocation taken up by players family, friends etc.
It's not so bad when there are plenty of tickets available.

Replay with Scarborough. We're in a right state in general, and needed a late late leveller from one of our promising kids to even get to this in the original away tie. Big chance of going out.

well I suspect every football fan apart from Addicks are really looking forward to this tonight. Still expect Charlton to progress comfortably as Forest Green and Barnsley did last night.

As Meatloaf sang, two outta three ain't bad. Let's hope Cray are the one though. 😜

I see the Millers have no injury concerns but the addicks have a few players out. Hope Matthew gives a good account of himself.

"Teenage midfielder Matthew Vigor - a summer signing from the Crystal Palace academy - was only a second-half substitute at the weekend, but the teenager will be eyeing a recall to the starting XI for the replay.

While Cray Valley are unaffected by the international break, Charlton have seen five players called up by their countries for November's fixtures, including number one goalkeeper Maynard-Brewer, who will swap the Addicks jersey for a New Zealand kit."

hidesbehindsofa.gif

ooh ta I'd forgotten it was Wednesday. Strange week I thought Sunday was Monday nearly all day, then thought Monday was Sunday. I've also had fluey type thing so am hoping this will cheer me up.

I see the Millers have no injury concerns but the addicks have a few players out. Hope Matthew gives a good account of himself.

"Teenage midfielder Matthew Vigor - a summer signing from the Crystal Palace academy - was only a second-half substitute at the weekend, but the teenager will be eyeing a recall to the starting XI for the replay.

While Cray Valley are unaffected by the international break, Charlton have seen five players called up by their countries for November's fixtures, including number one goalkeeper Maynard-Brewer, who will swap the Addicks jersey for a New Zealand kit."

Great to read Cray Valley haven’t been weakened by international call-ups

🤭

The guy at left back (19) is murder. Chasing shadows.

(Edit) also playing Alfie May onside for the opener :facepalm: Nice finish tho’

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom