Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

I think we just had a glimpse of Max when he has a Ford power-unit in the back in 2026

Reactions: Ax^
OK guys I'm being dragged out to the bar, the govenor has some girlfriends visiting this weekend .

Good luck this afternoon in the football and see you next weekend for the British GP, home race for most of you I think

Max moving in the braking zones to block Norris repeatedly and as usual zero punishment or even investigation by FIA. They really are incapable of controlling him so he will never change.

Only when the cars collided and it could no longer be ignored did they come out with a toothless penalty which made zero impact on Max’s race result.

Max will continue to drive people off the road because he got away with it throughout 2021 and claimed a WDC title as a result, and the FIA still have no grip on him.

That was brilliant.

I had a choice between watching some bands that I don't really care about on Glastonbury or this. And I really love watching Glastonbury.

Good decision.

Gorgeous George FTW.

Lando should have had that.

So Spielberg really did give us Close Encounters of the Thud Kind.*

:)

And it's back to Silverstone for part 3 of the triple header. I think the local, wholly non-partisan crowd of 200,000 beer-sweating Brits might welcome a fellow Brit on the top step of the podium again this week. And if a little bit of Max and crashing is involved, who are we to deny the crowd its bread and circuses?

Anyhoo, the ballyhoo will feature on UK telly screens at these times:

Fri 5 July
FP1 - 12:30
FP2 - 16:00

Sat 6 July
FP3 - 11:30
Qual - 15:00

Sun 7 July
Race - 15:00

The weather forecast declares race-day will be dry and sunny. May your snacks be abundant and your refreshments suitably chilled.

:thumbs:

*I'm going to milk that gag until the cows come home...

This is a pretty well reasoned commentary on why Verstappen’s a wrong’un

The central theme being that he does these things deliberately as a calculated tactic, because he knows how far he can push it without getting sanctioned. As long as the FIA stewards carry on being blind to it, I’m sure he will carry on doing it.

With F1 becoming ever more popular in the social media age and every incident being replayed a million times, you have to wonder if Verstappen’s style will stand the test of time or whether his titles will end up tainted with air of skullduggery, as Schumacher’s desperate Dan moments detract from what would otherwise have been a classy legacy.

Good article^^^, as was the Andrea Stella interview after the race, which the article cites.

:thumbs:

I'm old enough to remember Schumacher deliberately crashing into rivals, especially when world championships were at stake. Messrs Villeneuve and Hill have particular reason to complain.

The FIA ignored it until it was impossible not to. Schumacher was banned in 1994 for a couple of races. In 1997 he was banned for the remainder of the season. At the time, that was an iconoclastic decision.

Verstappen is a lot like Schumacher: Calculating. Ruthless. Reckless if need be. Utterly selfish. Remorseless (despite the well-crafted, professional PR statements).

Red Bull fined in latest battle with Norris​

Two F1 teams have been issued heavy fines after being deemed guilty of impeding incidents during the first free practice session at the British Grand Prix. Both Red Bull and Aston Martin were summoned to the stewards after the session, having been caught up in incidents during the 60-minute outing. At the end of the session, Isack Hadjar, who stepped into Sergio Perez's car for FP1, held up McLaren's Lando Norris through Turn 2. Norris was forced to stamp on his brakes to avoid running into the back of the rookie driver. “It was obvious that the driver was not given timely and appropriate warning of the approach of Car 4 [Norris],” read a statement from the stewards. “The driver of Car 4 was forced to brake heavily and leave the track to avoid a collision. The Team of Car 37 [Hadjar] conceded that it had not provided the necessary advice to its driver.” As a result, Red Bull was fined €20,000, with Hadjar delivering a formal warning.

Aston Martin was also flagged for an incident with Charles Leclerc, with Lance Stroll deemed guilty of holding up the Monegasque driver through the high-speed Maggots and Becketts section. “The Team conceded that it had not provided timely and adequate radio information on the approach of Car 16. Car 16 was forced to take avoiding action,” read a stewards' statement. Aston Martin was fined €15,000, while Stroll was also issued a warning.

FP1 Results – 2024 British Grand Prix (Silverstone)​

1. 1. Lando Norris McLaren 1:27.420
  2. 2. Lance Stroll Aston Martin +0.134
  3. 3. Oscar Piastri McLaren +0.211
  4. 4. Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.309
  5. 5. George Russell Mercedes +0.318
  6. 6. Fernando Alonso Aston Martin +0.374
  7. 7. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.438
  8. 8. Charles Leclerc Ferrari +0.483
  9. 9. Carlos Sainz Ferrari +0.505
  10. 10. Esteban Ocon Alpine +0.554
  11. 11. Nico Hulkenberg Haas +0.662