Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

Interesting... couple of folks on Twitter suggesting there were lapped cars left between Sainz and Verstappen, and asking why Sainz wasn't apparently included in the "let them race".

I mean, as if it really matters. It's a shitshow, hopefully it can be avoided in the future, but it's done for now.

how have i posted over 1000 post in this thread this year

it may of been a good season regardless of the end result

but i've been around 10 years and barely posted 35 thousand posts :facepalm:
It’s definitely been a vintage year for F1 discussion on here. What is it, 160+ page thread now? We‘ve never made it past 100 pages before.

Hope some of the lurkers who emerged to comment on the past two races stick around and join the regulars in the 2022 thread. The more the merrier :thumbs: Also, thanks to 1%er for the useful news clippings service provided this year, some interesting bits of F1 news and gossip appeared via his updates which I would have overlooked otherwise.

I just need the Merc protest against the Stewards decision to get dismissed so I can collect my 3.75:1 odds bet on Verstappen winning WDC which I placed during pre-season testing. Shame it was only 50kr (about £4.50) I put down 😆😅

I just need the Merc protest against the Stewards decision to get dismissed so I can collect my 3.75:1 odds bet on Verstappen winning WDC which I placed during pre-season testing. Shame it was only 50kr (about £4.50) I put down 😆😅
I think Toto will pursue it beyond this current appeal against the stewards' decision, and take it to the court of arbitration. He knows the Driver's Championship gong won't be going Hammy's way, but he has a number of points to make to the FIA.

First, that Masi did in fact break the sporting regs as written. That his application of the rules was vacillating, arbitrary, rushed and contrived. That the stewards' dismissal of Mercedes' protest was peremptory - they failed to address the substance of the protest. That they waved it away by creating and sustaining a gross overreach of the sporting director's powers - in effect that Masi can break, bend, adapt or apply any regulation he sees fit when he chooses to, and that flagrant errors of judgement can be post facto justified either by citing the race director's omnipotence, or by claiming his hands were tied by the incorrect decision .

Toto probably believes that the current standard of race governance is ill-suited for the business of Formula One, and that a new regime needs to be designed, trained and implemented before next season. The only way to make that happen is to make it painful for the FIA. Part of his case will be that Mercedes has little confidence in the judgement and capability of Michael Masi. Toto will want to see Mr Masi out of the race control room, or at least surrounded by additional resource so he doesn't get so flustered and panicky.

At the very least Toto wants some acknowledgement by the FIA that the race and season outcome was artificially contrived by the poor decisions of its race director, who was manifestly influenced by Red Bull. In short, the FIA needs to say sorry, to F1 fans, to Mercedes and to Hammy. That's what Toto wants.

The other reason Toto should see it through is to "go to the mattresses". Every once in a while, a good punch up helps to clear the air.

:)

#godfatherquoteforthewin

I think Toto will pursue it beyond this current appeal against the stewards' decision, and take it to the court of arbitration. He knows the Driver's Championship gong won't be going Hammy's way, but he has a number of points to make to the FIA.

First, that Masi did in fact break the sporting regs as written. That his application of the rules was vacillating, arbitrary, rushed and contrived. That the stewards' dismissal of Mercedes' protest was peremptory - they failed to address the substance of the protest. That they waved it away by creating and sustaining a gross overreach of the sporting director's powers - in effect that Masi can break, bend, adapt or apply any regulation he sees fit when he chooses to, and that flagrant errors of judgement can be post facto justified either by citing the race director's omnipotence, or by claiming his hands were tied by the incorrect decision .

Toto probably believes that the current standard of race governance is ill-suited for the business of Formula One, and that a new regime needs to be designed, trained and implemented before next season. The only way to make that happen is to make it painful for the FIA. Part of his case will be that Mercedes has little confidence in the judgement and capability of Michael Masi. Toto will want to see Mr Masi out of the race control room, or at least surrounded by additional resource so he doesn't get so flustered and panicky.

At the very least Toto wants some acknowledgement by the FIA that the race and season outcome was artificially contrived by the poor decisions of its race director, who was manifestly influenced by Red Bull. In short, the FIA needs to say sorry, to F1 fans, to Mercedes and to Hammy. That's what Toto wants.

The other reason Toto should see it through is to "go to the mattresses". Every once in a while, a good punch up helps to clear the air.

:)

#godfatherquoteforthewin
I think you’re spot on. :thumbs:

Hamilton is accusing the FIA of manipulating the last lap.

I hope they respond to this libel by revoking his racing license permanently.

Mercedes are sounding increasingly like the Republicans after the Biden victory.

Mercedes are sounding increasingly like the Republicans after the Biden victory.

Do you even watch F1 or do you just come here to slag him off when you see something in the press?

You’ve never had any input on this thread other than having pops at Lewis from what I can see.

Literally last week Max was moaning about how no one wants him to win and RB have continually whines about being hard done by.

They all do it. Teams and drivers. But Lewis should be banned? Righty ho.

He’ll kill someone next.

But they - through the Race Director - did manipilate it, by ignoring the rules (presumably on the assumption that it'd be better to finish racing rather than behing a safety car), didn't they?

No, he's not.

He said that, on his team radio, whilst still driving the car in the race. You know, when his pulse will have been somewhere north of 180bpm, his body - which had just been subjected to forces you can't even comprehend for an hour and a half - was pumped full of adrenaline, and he'd just realised the championship had gone.

He then composed himself in the car, got out, congratulated Max and stood on the podium with him.

It's also being reported he's pushing Mercedes to drop any appeal as he doesn't want to appear unsporting and wouldn't want to win in that way.

So, take your barely concealed bigotry against him and shove it up your arse, fucking off as you do so.

No, he's not.

He said that, on his team radio, whilst still driving the car in the race. You know, when his pulse will still have been somewhere north of 180bpm, his body - which had just been subjected to forces you can't even comprehend for an hour and a half - was pumped full of adrenaline, and he'd just realised the championship had gone.

He then composed himself in the car, got out, congratulated Max and stood on the podium with him.

It's also being reported he's pushing Mercedes to drop any appeal as he doesn't want to appear unsporting and wouldn't want to win in that way.

So, take your barely concealed bigotry against him and shove it up your arse, fucking off as you do so.

Fuck you you fucking snot goblin.

But they - through the Race Director - did manipilate it, by ignoring the rules (presumably on the assumption that it'd be better to finish racing rather than behing a safety car), didn't they?

Do you seriously think that the FIA would manipulate the outcome of a race to stop one driver from winning? It is risible.

Mercedes and Hamilton need to stop whining, they lost, and that is that.

Do you even watch F1 or do you just come here to slag him off when you see something in the press?

You’ve never had any input on this thread other than having pops at Lewis from what I can see.

Literally last week Max was moaning about how no one wants him to win and RB have continually whines about being hard done by.

They all do it. Teams and drivers. But Lewis should be banned? Righty ho.

He’ll kill someone next.
I take it your rather biased comments are directed at dessiato as well, as he agreed with my viewpoint.

This forum is pro-Hamilton biased, fair enough, but don't pretend to be impartial because you are not.

I take it your rather biased comments are directed at dessiato as well, as he agreed with my viewpoint.

This forum is pro-Hamilton biased, fair enough, but don't pretend to be impartial because you are not.

No because dess brings added value, he has many, many comments regarding other things than how much of an idiot he thinks Lewis is, (not saying you do think that dessiato ) I have respect for his support for Max, I think Max deserved to win the WC, they both did. It's unfortunate Max was gifted a win by the race director but them's the breaks. I'm not unbiased but I try for a bit of objectivity. All I ever see from you on this thread is slagging off Lewis.

It's amazing, everyone who actually likes the sport is commenting on how gracious and sporting Hamilton has been over this. Yet there you are Sass, having a pop.

Total mystery why, isn't it. Can't for the life of me think of a single possible reason, you're known as such an open, accepting, tolerant type round here.

When you think that Mercedes with Hamilton was such a great package for so long you have to wonder how in this year Red Bull and Honda and Verstappen were able to make such a great challenge and eventually on the last lap of the last race, win the drivers championship. And one has to wonder how competitive their package will be next year, but then you should reflect imo on the multiple winner that they have in their team, namely Adrian Newey. I don't think his contribution should be minimised.

It's amazing, everyone who actually likes the sport is commenting on how gracious and sporting Hamilton has been over this. Yet there you are Sass, having a pop.

Total mystery why, isn't it. Can't for the life of me think of a single possible reason, you're known as such an open, accepting, tolerant type round here.
I appreciate that you are deaf, but was unaware that your sight was also lacking. What part of 'Just fuck off' are you having trouble with?

I did not launch an 'ad hom' against you, you chose to abuse me. So just fuck off you putrid shitstain.

When you think that Mercedes with Hamilton was such a great package for so long you have to wonder how in this year Red Bull and Honda and Verstappen were able to make such a great challenge and eventually on the last lap of the last race, win the drivers championship. And one has to wonder how competitive their package will be next year, but then you should reflect imo on the multiple winner that they have in their team, namely Adrian Newey. I don't think his contribution should be minimised.

I think that Hamilton and Mercedes had the superior car for years, this year, Red Bull have come on massively, thereby exposing the fact that Hamilton is not in fact the best driver, just the driver of the best car.

Do you seriously think that the FIA would manipulate the outcome of a race to stop one driver from winning? It is risible.

Mercedes and Hamilton need to stop whining, they lost, and that is that.
No I think they manipulated it to ensure that it finished as a race, rather than under the safety car, as they think that makes a better product. Can you provide a better explanation for such a blatant breach of the rules?

No because dess brings added value, he has many, many comments regarding other things than how much of an idiot he thinks Lewis is, (not saying you do think that dessiato ) I have respect for his support for Max, I think Max deserved to win the WC, they both did. It's unfortunate Max was gifted a win by the race director but them's the breaks. I'm not unbiased but I try for a bit of objectivity. All I ever see from you on this thread is slagging off Lewis.
Even as a very biased Max fan, I can’t help but feel they both deserved the title really. I do feel that Mercedes robbed Hamilton of the title by not getting him on fresher tyres, it might have made the difference at the end.

I am increasingly irritated by both RB and MB whining and complaining all the time. Let’s just have racing and have the championships decided on the track, and with the fastest driver winning. Keep it simple.

did you even watch the race yesterday Sas

bit on you wonder in day and a dollar late with your baised against Hamilton

I think that Hamilton and Mercedes had the superior car for years, this year, Red Bull have come on massively, thereby exposing the fact that Hamilton is not in fact the best driver, just the driver of the best car.
This I agree with. You could easily argue that if Hamilton was such an amazing driver Russell must be at least as good given how well he performed in that same car. Or that the car is exceptional and flatters the driver. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think this way.

No I think they manipulated it to ensure that it finished as a race, rather than under the safety car, as they think that makes a better product. Can you provide a better explanation for such a blatant breach of the rules?

I was raised to believe that the referees decision is final. You may not agree, but it is final.

You can argue for ever about what might have been, or even what should have been, but once it is over that is that.

If there has been a 'marshalling' cock up, then this will be investigated, and rule changes, if necessary, will be made, but for this season, it is over.

Back
Top Bottom