Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong, folks; what matters is letting racers race, and not letting anything get in the way of that.

It's all for the love of the sport.

:hmm:

Merc won the constructors

that was not in question and did not bring the sport as a whole into disrupt

being season that brought in new fans and old fans alike and you turn it into a fucking farce

*claps liberty media

FGbhR4IXMAcDwFy

I've read page after page of comment and discussion about the race.

Yet no-one has yet asked the most important question...

Will Lewis Hamilton be sending Nicholas Latifi a Christmas card this year?
The interesting question is if it had been Lewis who pitting during VSC and was behind Max who stayed out, how much conspiraloonery would there be about it being a Merc-engined driver who caused the safety car which would have (maybe) allowed Lewis to take the lead on the last lap?

In effect the stewards have said: it doesn't matter if Masi made a dog's breakfast of the safety car episode, he can do what he wants. That means what he did was fine. Protest refused.

That sounds a bit arrogant of the stewards, but that was wholly to be expected. The sound of ranks closing echoes around the Gulf.

In some ways, I hope Toto does appeal the decision tonight, because the FIA supervision of races needs a complete overhaul after this fiasco (and the whole season, really). And Masi needs to go. Sometimes the only way to force people to do the right thing is to make it too painful for them not to.

In some ways, I hope Toto does appeal the decision tonight, because the FIA supervision of races needs a complete overhaul after this fiasco (and the whole season, really). And Masi needs to go. Sometimes the only way to force people to do the right thing is to make it too painful for them not to.
Yup:

Mercedes have lodged their intention to appeal the decision of the stewards to dismiss the team's protest.

something needs to change with the FIA

more or less admitting that their official did not follow the sporting regulations

but the saying he has the right to overule the regulations based on his interpretation

is not a good look for any sport

Managed to dodge any updates all day and now seen the race.

Wow

Gotta hand it to Verstappen and Red Bull. Deserved the win.

Gutted for Hamilton. Mercedes may have won the constructors title but their strategy mistakes cost Hamilton the title.

Verstappen is a great driver. He is not the best sportsman but is young.

The cynic in me wonders...

Had Bottas been retained by Mercedes for next season, would dear Valtteri have found a way to bin it during the safety car laps?

for all their protests and they kinda have a point the merc that is

why would you not of pitted lewis to cover off any redbull / FIA bullshit

losing track position they had more than one chance to catch max in a quicker car

just weird

losing track position they had more than one chance to catch max in a quicker car

just weird
The Magic 8-ball says: "Keep track position."

just weird
For the last one, if they honestly thought the race would end under SC, then from their POV there would be no opportunity to regain track position after pitting.

RB could pit because if it finishes under SC then they haven't lost anything, but if they do get to race... well, we all saw what happened.

how have i posted over 1000 post in this thread this year

it may of been a good season regardless of the end result

but i've been around 10 years and barely posted 35 thousand posts :facepalm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom