Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

2lmb0zxbrug61.jpg

When Donald Trump breaks his post-presidency silence with a speech on Sunday, he’ll do it in the presence of something he has almost certainly always dreamed of—an enormous golden statue of himself. Bloomberg News reporter William Turton shared footage of the golden Trump being wheeled into Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday.

The statue appears to depict Trump wearing flip-flops and star-spangled boxer shorts and wielding a fairy godmother’s magic wand.

Commentators, critics and journalists compared the statue to the story of the golden calf in Exodus — an infamous Judeo-Christian tale of people worshiping a false god.

In the story, Moses climbs a mountain to receive the 10 Commandments from God after leading the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt. His people camp out below the mountain, but they become restless without their leader’s guidance and eventually fashion a golden calf to worship.

Moses comes down from the mountain with the 10 Commandments written on two tablets, but he flies into a rage when he sees his people worshiping a false idol — something God explicitly forbids in one of the commandments. He smashes the tablets in his fury and rebukes everyone for straying from a righteous path.

Seriously, why aren't we laughing at Ted Cruz RIGHT NOW?

Because it isn't a laughing matter.

Unfortunately, Ted's story is all too common - there are far too many people who, through no fault of their own, find themselves living in intolerable situations and are left with no choice but to uproot their family and cross the Mexican/American border in search of a better life.

Instead of laughing at people like Ted, support them in their quest for a better life. I do, and although Google didn't lead to me to any specific examples, I'm sure Ted uses his position as Senator to advance the interests of people just like him.

Back
Top Bottom