Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

This sort of thing makes you realise roads will prob never be safe enough for a 5yr to cycle to school. Very depressing.

So kids should not be cycling to school then? Best all drive…

Drivers constantly moaning about LTNs adding a few minutes to their journeys but walking a kid to school for 30mins would take minutes if it could be cycled but can’t be done cos we’ve just given up roads to cars. Truly selfish.

Last edited:
Fucks’ sake do they really think a five year old has the capability to safely make such assertive decisions?

What’s the solution? Break the law and ride on the pavement, remove parking to create cycle lanes, ban cars… or everyone drive and fuck those that can’t afford it!

What’s the solution? Break the law and ride on the pavement, remove parking to create cycle lanes, ban cars… or everyone drive and fuck those that can’t afford it!
Less choice of school with people obliged, within reason, to go to one of the closest schools to where they live; walking buses; segregated bike lanes; car-free roads. But no five year olds in traffic.

Yet you see tons of cars outside them?!

They should charge for school drop-offs like they do airport drop-offs, but base the charge on a percentage of parents' incomes.

Thankfully though you don't see tons of five-year olds being urged by their parents to cycle directly at oncoming cars to force them to stop.

Yeah, it was rare to see kids been driven to school when I was a kid, we all just walked. Not sure of the distance but probably a 15 or 20 minute walk.
That’s my point - tons of drivers moan about a few minutes getting added on to their journeys by LTNs yet parents without cars need to find over and hour a day walking their kids to school!?

By enabling safe cycling we’d save those parents like 45mins a day! Somehow drivers convenience always comes out on top and god forbid anyone questions it.

They should charge for school drop-offs like they do airport drop-offs, but base the charge on a percentage of parents' incomes.
You’ve missed the huge backlash to airports charging for drop offs then?

Or the seemingly unquestionable right for drivers to have free parking at all hospitals.

You’ve missed the huge backlash to airports charging for drop offs then?

Or the seemingly unquestionable right for drivers to have free parking at all hospitals.

I'm not sure I agree with airport drop-off charges, often a car is the most sensible mode of transport to an airport and such charges are typically just attempts to line the pockets of shareholders. There are primary schools within walking distance of the vast majority of homes, so it's not comparable.

I don't agree with blanket free hospital parking either.

Reactions: Chz
That’s my point - tons of drivers moan about a few minutes getting added on to their journeys by LTNs yet parents without cars need to find over and hour a day walking their kids to school!?

By enabling safe cycling we’d save those parents like 45mins a day! Somehow drivers convenience always comes out on top and god forbid anyone questions it.
I agree with this but that wasn't safe cycling. It's all very well claiming moral superiority but it's going to feel a little hollow when the kid's dead or maimed.

I agree with this but that wasn't safe cycling. It's all very well claiming moral superiority but it's going to feel a little hollow when the kid's dead or maimed.
Its certainly not safe driving.

How can we make it safe to cycle rather than just let cars bully people into stopping.

Predictable and far from unusual though. Bullies should be stood up to, just not by five-year-olds.
It looks like this road should have a lane of parking removed and a cycle lane put in. I can only imagine the outrage though.

The usual mob are outrage around here about a cycle lane on Streatham Hill where there are currently 6 lanes of traffic 😮‍💨

Cycle lanes for kids and cyclists who don’t mind going slowly

Surely it's possible to think that roads should be safe enough for kids without thinking that the way to achieve that is sending five year olds out onto the cunty roads we actually have.
So what should they do until we get safer roads? Drive?

Back
Top Bottom