Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Belgium (Group G) - 19:00 - 28/06/2018

Final Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've voted eng 1 bel 2, because normal service has to be resumed at some point.

On the match, given that it might be an advantage to lose it, I'd go with not so much full on experimentation but making sure every reasonable pick/pairing gets a try out ready for the challenges ahead. Certainly give Rahford at least 45 minutes. It's harsh, but Sterling's had 2 games and you need to get up and running quickly in a tournament. It's not a given that Rashford will do the job, given the season he's had at united, but he needs a proper try out in what will be a more competitive game.

Never thought I'd be saying this 2 years ago, but England need to have Lingard as a fixture in the team and start thinking about how the rest fit in with him. Though of course Sterling actually did quite well in that respect...

I wasn't bothered as we'd already qualified (I predicted a 1-1) but now I desperately want them to win as the Mrs has informed me she is out all day on the 7th and the evening of the 11th so if England are runners up I'll need to take the kids to the pub for the QF and SF (if we get there obv).

I've gone for the big three-nil England.
Keep momentum up, Kane to start and play for an hour. Give a different goalie a game and swap out anyone who needs a rest. All the signs are that Belgium will be happy with second, so let's take them to the cleaners.

The playing for second thing will never work (we need two bookings ffs), and look what happened last time when we got the easy game against Iceland. Fuck that. Go for it. Kane hat trick before ht.

Either that, or a really dull 0-0.

i am currently stressed to bits. this game is not helping me. RIsk management is about knowing what is out of your control and putting it to one side. i may chuck in the ABE towel just to give me some peace of mind. (lol)

i am currently stressed to bits. this game is not helping me. RIsk management is about knowing what is out of your control and putting it to one side. i may chuck in the ABE towel just to give me some peace of mind. (lol)
TBF, this is the most stress free tournament game England have played for years. Don't worry, be happy.

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so it's just a question of if we can make and take enough chances, which really is too hard to call.
Never thought I'd be saying this 2 years ago, but England need to have Lingard as a fixture in the team and start thinking about how the rest fit in with him.
I've rated him for years /smug :oops: ;)

This is 100% an England win. It's coming home.

England 3 Belgium 1.

England will progress to the final, that much I'm sure of. We'll play Brazil, who fluked their way there.

I don't know if we'll beat them.

Oh wait, "it's coming home"? Of course we'll beat them, then :cool:

Group G Winners
R16: Colombia, Japan or Senegal
QF: Mexico or Brazil
SF: Uruguay, Portugal, France or Argentina

Group G Runners Up
R16: Colombia, Japan or Senegal
QF: Sweden or Swiss
SF: Spain, Russia, Croatia or Denmark

Seems it won't matter much who tops the group in terms of who they face for the next round, not much between Japan, Senegal (although Colombia looked on the up yesterday), but it's more important about the draw after that. Finishing first would likely have us facing Germany or Brazil in the qtrs, but finishing second could lead to Mexico or Switzerland.
Like when you ONLY had to play Iceland in the Euros, it doesn't do any good forecasting who you might play and thinking theres any easy games at this stage!

Back
Top Bottom