Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Belgium (Group G) - 19:00 - 28/06/2018

Final Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a pessimistic scenario I have scientifically calculated that England now have a 5.85% chance of winning the World Cup:

Likelihood of winning expected games:

Columbia - 50%
Sweden - 65%
Spain - 45%
Brazil - 40%

Maybe those Spain/Brazil %'s are a tad optomistic. :confused:

In a pessimistic scenario I have scientifically calculated that England now have a 5.85% chance of winning the World Cup:

Likelihood of winning expected games:

Columbia - 50%
Sweden - 65%
Spain - 45%
Brazil - 40%

Maybe those Spain/Brazil %'s are a tad optomistic. :confused:
Switzerland will beat Sweden, I reckon, and I wouldn't give England a 65% chance v Switzerland. I also don't fancy Spain for the semis.

Not overly happy but it wasn't awful.

Apart from Rashford, Rose and Alexander Arnold I think nobody made a decent claim.

Looking forward to Columbia, there's some cracking ties in the next round.

I'm looking forward to the thread title for the game being spelled correctly.

the_columbo_approach_health_coaching.png

Well, that was uninspiring.

Very interested if that achieved what Southgate set out to achieve. From the outside, it looked like it exposed us, and left the players on the pitch out to dry.

If you want to give, for lack of a better term, fringe players a run out and get some experience, then surely youndo that with three or four players at a time, but give them experience with a majority of core players who know and can play the system?

Will the experience that all those players just had really be of benefit to them? Or are they about to be picked apart, called not good enough, and be low on confidence in a moment where we need to turn to them?

I've never managed so much as a fucking 5-a-side team, so what the fuck do I know, but it feels like a step backward.

As Chris Sutton, of all people, said, Southgate and England have put a lot of pressure on themselves against Colombia by losing to a team that didn't even want to win.

I'd rather play Japan than Colombia. Both decent sides, but Colombia are more of a threat and will use every game in the book, and are better skilled than us.

We should have played to win with Rashford instead of Sterling. Why change a winning formula, it's like we've gotten too big for our boots and are believing the hype.

Remember - Tunisia and Panama. We couldn't even beat Belgium B's and a Sunderland reject scored a winner against us.

Not being pessimistic or owt, just realistic. :thumbs:

Everyone's "only players who impressed" are different. Can't work out of that is good, because different players impressed different people, or concerning, because no-one can agree on who was any good.

Back
Top Bottom