Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

3 games still left in the CC so...we waste almost a whole week spreading out the T20 Q/Fs over 4 days :facepalm:

Good job the nights and bad weather aren't drawing in eh?

Also, Buttler out of T20s. Then again, Australia opened their bowling yesterday with 2 guys I've barely heard of (6 caps and 2 caps).

This is absurd. Why aren't they playing, these poor little petals?

It's not raining. It's cloudy yes. But fucking hell cricket has to sort this shit out.

I cannot imagine the response in Yankee stadium if the announcer said 'the players are coming off for bad light' :D Er, no.

They need to bowl one more ball to avoid giving full refunds to the extortionately expensive tickets.

They've got their pricing horribly wrong. Lord's wasn't full last week and the Oval is not full this week. Ticket prices started at nearly 100 quid. Most prices more than 100. Greedy fuckers are pricing people out.

2.05pm: "I would almost concede it is drizzling now," says Miller, waterproof cap in hand. "Halfway between mizzle and drizzle. Pizzle?" Fo shizzle

"The Oval must have a bit of a micro-climate today," says Dunc. "I'm about half a mile away and it's definitely not raining here. Could it be all the Surrey fans crying over Dan Lawrence, I wonder?"

"I think Robbie must be the wrong side of the Oval - very wet where I am, approx. 5 miles away!" But is that just your tears for Lozza of the Rey, Dezz?

And here's Paul, though I'm not quite whether he's defending MCC or having a go: "I see people still making comments about the crowd (lack there of) at Lord's last week. Lord's sold out the 1st 3 days. Historically, day 5 matches against weaker teams are never sold in advance and done on day/during day 4 at a discount. Bazball coupled with weak teams has meant that day 5 is pretty much day 4 now. Why would you pay £120 for day 4 when chances are, the most you will see is a session's play? "

I mean, you have blind people participating in pretty hardcore sports in the Paralympics. But these 'elite' fully sighted players cant handle a bit of drizzle and cloud.

Given that under Bazball, games don't last more than four days at best, do you think the Oval is milking this for beer receipts? I know I'm a cynic. But they've gotta be pragmatic.

They need to bowl one more ball to avoid giving full refunds to the extortionately expensive tickets.

They've got their pricing horribly wrong. Lord's wasn't full last week and the Oval is not full this week. Ticket prices started at nearly 100 quid. Most prices more than 100. Greedy fuckers are pricing people out.
Need to get Oasis in to advise them.

Well anyway, Lawrence's brief return to the side is over at least
I like Lawrence but he's not an opener.

Making him open this series might have felt like a nice thing to do as a reward for carrying drinks for two years, but it might have finished off his test career.

POPE SCORES RUNS AGAINST MEDIOCRE BOWLING AT THE OVAL! Shocker.

Duckett was far luckier actually. Especially early on. Sri Lanka looked like they started well. And then they didn't.

I like Lawrence but he's not an opener.

Making him open this series might have felt like a nice thing to do as a reward for carrying drinks for two years, but it might have finished off his test career.

I think it just leaves him where he was before tbh - the back up batter in an area where England are very strong and he has very little chance of forcing his way in.

Jfc. It feels like a wicket is going to happen any ball atm. Someone tell Brook he can bat all day and he'll have 150, England 500. Isn't that the point of the game? He's been irresponsible virtually from ball one yesterday (I think it was actually ball 2).

Make that 7 wickets. What a weird batting effort. Like they decided they were playing on a minefield.

They realise they're playing very mediocre opposition and will still win within 4 days. You'd think they wouldn't bat like that against India or Australia.

That's incredibly poor umpiring. Nothing could have changed drastically between the over and Woakes' second ball, so either it should have been spin o'clock in time to call Bashir/Root or let Woakes get on with it. As it is, the umpires have just conspired to gift Sri Lanka some free runs off 4 balls of understandably laughable bowling.

And that is setting aside just how poor it was to set reasonably good visibility as the 'bad light' threshold yesterday. Too much of this will be the death knell for test cricket, when everything possible should be done to keep it as the rightful pinnacle of the game.

Back
Top Bottom