Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2024

Sri Lanka really dont seem to be arsed do they... just a nice day out for everyone really. Cannon fodder. Bit of a waste of time.

SL have made a decent fist of this to be fair.

They're not going to drop another 6 wickets for 60 odd runs but it's been a half decent day of cricket and entertaining enough for a day when my game was rained-off.

Hmmm. Seemed a weird pitch to me. Low/uneven bounce from day one. Ball active in first 20 overs then nah. Suited Sri Lanka I reckon.

People calling it (Jamie Smith included) 'attritional' cricket coz the tricky run chase only went at 3.6 an over 😂

Last edited:
Every single commentator was basically saying the same thing. Sri Lanka just couldn't be arsed. To the extent they were even late to get on the pitch.

And who the fuck are you anyway? You joyless nomark.

Idaho

Every single commentator was basically saying the same thing. Sri Lanka just couldn't be arsed. To the extent they were even late to get on the pitch.

And who the fuck are you anyway? You joyless nomark.

Idaho

Kamindu Mendis scored a Test century (and now averages 92 in 4 tests). Couldn't be arsed?

Jayasuriya bowled 56 overs and took 5 wickets. Couldn't be arsed?

Rathnayake scored 72 batting at 9. Couldn't be arsed?

Joe Root, currently the best batsmen in the world according to rankings, was made to make a 50 with one four in it. Sri Lanka couldn't be arsed?

They were freezing cold. They hated the weather. And still only lost by 5 wickets, not an innings and 217 runs. I'm pretty sure they could be arsed.

Sri Lanka had two bad sessions: day one, session one, and day three, sesson one. Other than that, they more than held their own and battled really hard.

They bowled and fielded with a lot of discipline yesterday, but 204 was never likely to be enough to defend.

Sun is due to come out in London over the next couple of weeks. This series is far from over. I'd like to see SL pick their one genuine quick, Kumara, in place of Vishwa Fernando. They're a bit one-paced without him and he's very handy.

I see Root is saying the same about the pitch as I did. According to him "as close to Sri Lankan conditions as we could have given them".

Which was very kind of us. And a bit stupid.

London tests will be different.

Josh Hull in the squad for the next test then. 20 years old, FC average over 50 with only ten games, fuck it why not get him in there what can go wrong?

Josh Hull in the squad for the next test then. 20 years old, FC average over 50 with only ten games, fuck it why not get him in there what can go wrong?
That's really goo...

Oh, he's a bowler.

Not the first name I've never heard of to be selected over the last couple of years. And I do follow county cricket.

That's really goo...

Oh, he's a bowler.

Not the first name I've never heard of to be selected over the last couple of years. And I do follow county cricket.

First I heard of him was last week to be honest - he did have a good game for the Lions against SL tbf.

You can see why they're interested can't you, 6 foot 7, left arm, bowls close to 90mph. There aren't many fast bowlers who have that. In itself that doesn't make him a test quality bowler though.

Yeah, barring injury, he won't play, so the main purpose will be to have him around the team and picking things up.

Olly Stone will play. Mind you he has a horrible injury record, so will he play both games?

Yeah, barring injury, he won't play, so the main purpose will be to have him around the team and picking things up.

Olly Stone will play. Mind you he has a horrible injury record, so will he play both games?

Just having a look at Stone's record, he really has incredibly low appearance numbers for a player who's just coming up to 31. He seems to have been around the test team for years and has 3 appearances. It's desperately unfortunate for him but surely he must be getting to the point where if he can't play they move on from him.

They have a ready made captain there in the form of Brook and who is one of the first names on the team list. This seems crazy. I mean, it's Sri Lanka. And he can't even score runs against them.

Back
Top Bottom