Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England at War with France

Serene

Slightly disgruntled
Bojo has sent Gunboats across to Jersey for armed conflict with the French. The pre-empted response has been sponsored by the Daily Mail.

The UK’s exit from EU rules took place only 19 weeks ago and already the country has seen rioting in Northern Ireland, threats to cut off vaccine supplies and now has sent two gunboats to Jersey for an armed conflict with our nearest neighbour.

Another thread? I perused the forum and didnt see any, and I have just got home from work.

It's hardly surprising that it is, or should I say was, covered in these threads -

Plus, general piss taking on this one -

With the rest of the EU blockading us in solidarity, we’ll turn to America only to remember that Trump’s gone, Biden’s Irish, and US troops are being deployed to Dublin in a classic pincer movement. Rationing will begin just like in the good old days, the youth will be drafted, Scotland will revolt and overthrow Westminster rule, and Boris will hold torchlight rallies demanding the total destruction of our enemies.

Not for a 'armed conflict', just to monitor the French fishermen's protest, and ensure they don't blockade the port.

But, you're 24 hours late with this news, the French trawlers have all fucked off home now.
The fishermen have. Macrons sending his subs over.

First the Germans, now the French, maybe these Channel islands are more trouble than they're worth.

Reactions: Sue
Bojo thinks he is Palmerston (those with O level history may recall the Don Pacifico affair where Lord P sent a gunboat into - I think - Athens in repsonse to a British Citizen)

First the Germans, now the French, maybe these Channel islands are more trouble than they're worth.
Aye France can have them and force them to make their residents to pay high taxes to make up for lost time

Slightly relevant. When the Falklands war was on I went into a pub in Winchester. The pub was naval themed & the landlord was ex navy wearing his navy themed blazer & tie with medal ribbons & all. There was a telly in the bar & it was announced they got the Sheffield. “Oh no” said the landlord “the bastards have got the Sheffield”. With that he hit the rum & got so totally pissed he flaked out over the bar..

Slightly relevant. When the Falklands war was on I went into a pub in Winchester. The pub was naval themed & the landlord was ex navy wearing his navy themed blazer & tie with medal ribbons & all. There was a telly in the bar & it was announced they got the Sheffield. “Oh no” said the landlord “the bastards have got the Sheffield”. With that he hit the rum & got so totally pissed he flaked out over the bar..
Did he think they’d bombed Sheffield? :D

Back
Top Bottom