Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Elden ring

Yeah. I'm "only" on about 90 hours and the capital city on its own is basically a whole new game. Found the coded sword, which is faith only and looks really cool, and then the erdtree bow, which again scales on faith. Just the amount of stuff in this is amazing.

I don't know if this can take the place of Dark Souls, that game was so new to me when it came out and it was so unique and affecting that another version of it can never have the same effect but this is objectively a better and more complete game. It's definitely the best open world game I've ever played, like by a fucking country mile. In a "nothing else is even in the same postcode" kind of way.
There is an area from the city that I wont tell you how to access, that leads to another secret area and onto another, it's madness..

There is an area from the city that I wont tell you how to access, that leads to another secret area and onto another, it's madness..
Sounds about right. I was exploring Ainsel River the other day and there's a whole area I can see but can't get to down there too.

I usually play through without any tips and then go back with a guide. This is going to take forever. 😁

I don't even know which boss this is cos I haven't got to them yet but this is fucking beautiful and also makes me feel amazingly inadequate.

So elegant.

How many months of gameplay does it take to get past the first effing boss?? :mad:

There's some guy you can summon called Roger or something and you go through a mist doorway thing and die repeatedly and I have levelled up but it makes no difference.

(I just wanted to vent spleen really, don't mind me)

How many months of gameplay does it take to get past the first effing boss?? :mad:

There's some guy you can summon called Roger or something and you go through a mist doorway thing and die repeatedly and I have levelled up but it makes no difference.

He killed me a lot. You can summon other players as well as Rogier and also use those Ash summons things (instead of other players) if you want. You just need to learn his moves but also just go and explore if you need to. I think I was level 30 or 40 when I beat him.

He killed me a lot. You can summon other players as well as Rogier and also use those Ash summons things (instead of other players) if you want. You just need to learn his moves but also just go and explore if you need to. I think I was level 30 or 40 when I beat him.
Thanks! I'm pretty much effing about until I get get tough enough so I'll get the bugger one day!

Summon Roger, summon the jellyfish (it has a lot of hp) them stand back and lob fireballs at him occasionally (I am playing confessor) was my strategy. I almost got him first try but the bastard knocked me of the cliff. In the end it was the 3rd attempt. But I was probably overlevelled as I was too scared to even tey for ages.

Summon Roger, summon the jellyfish (it has a lot of hp) them stand back and lob fireballs at him occasionally (I am playing confessor) was my strategy. I almost got him first try but the bastard knocked me of the cliff. In the end it was the 3rd attempt. But I was probably overlevelled as I was too scared to even tey for ages.
I didn't realise you could summon the jellyfish there too!
Ta!

Yes and no, I discovered being a wizard in DS 1 after my 3rd playthrough and loved the ranged aspect of it. Tanking your way through as a warrior it can be very satisfying but it is definitely harder, being a cleric ( confessor in ER ) can be a surprisingly powerful build later in the game and seems to incorporate the pyromancy from the DS games.

The sheer amount of spells and incantations in ER is fantastic and can be really spectacular
looking at you red forked lightning stuff...

Last edited:
Sorcerer is great for ranged combat, cheesing static big things etc. but you are still going to need to get up close and dirty sometimes.

Decent shield is always my first stop in Souls games. Something metal that blocks 100% of physical damage. But I'm not good at parrying and dodging, so I block instead.

Decent shield is always my first stop in Souls games. Something metal that blocks 100% of physical damage. But I'm not good at parrying and dodging, so I block instead.

I've played through Bloodborne twice, DS3 three times, and have made a start on Elden Ring and I've barely parried or blocked anything ever. Dodge and big two handed weapon for me.

Went under the capital. There's a whole huge level under there, really well designed, lots of shortcuts and hidden stuff. All accessed through an entrance I never even found the first time round. And I've not found something that I know is down there, even though I've cleared it all.

I only went back to find it cos a character told me about it, a character I almost missed. I must have missed so much stuff. Done 100 hours, feel like there's the same again to go.

I think that's the area I was alluding to in an earlier post, I reckon you still have got about another 100 hours or so to do :D

I've been away so haven't played it for a couple of days, but my cousin was telling me earlier about a spell he has that I'd completely missed , so I'l be off on a mission tomorrow to find it. I really dont want it to end so I'm going back everywhere and searching for any hidden stuff, and then il probably start all over again if i can do the last boss.

Used something that I had seen before but forgotten about - whole new area, huge, that leads to another whole new area.

I don't understand how they've made this. It's so big,and so much fun to explore. It's astonishing.

Well 265 hours later, I've just completed a wonderful journey in the lands between, although I have gone back and got my stats up and am trying to kill someone in a gaol to get a rather splednid summon, but still having trouble with it :D

Then onto Journey 2..

But maybe in a few days time. I see the sun is shining so might go outside.

Well 265 hours later, I've just completed a wonderful journey in the lands between, although I have gone back and got my stats up and am trying to kill someone in a gaol to get a rather splednid summon, but still having trouble with it :D

Then onto Journey 2..

I know who you're talking about. Been trying to kill her myself, that big attack she does is a mother fucker.

Well done on finishing it.

I'm starting to feel a bit like a junkie. I can't stop, but I really want to. I read something the other day saying it's a bit too big, and I'm starting to agree with that. A lot of it is the same and I want to get it done. Saying that though I've just spent about ten hours rolling around Sol Castle and doing Ranni's quest rather than trying to kill the giant that is in the way of the main quest. 😁

Then onto Journey 2..

I likes everything until the last sentence.

I still have a loooong way to go. Not had much time lately but I have 2 weeks of work now.

It gives you the option to start ng+ or go back into the world so I've gone back and still finding stuff and areas I had missed , so I guess I haven't quite finished yet...

Back
Top Bottom