Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) - any one else play?

Well I made it to Bree, its pretty good, basically just WOW in the Lotr setting... but FREE!

Looking forward to checking out the Barrow Downs :D

Well I made it to Bree, its pretty good, basically just WOW in the Lotr setting... but FREE!

Looking forward to checking out the Barrow Downs :D
The Barrow Downs are a great setting, but it's a bit unsettling to see that the locals are basically mining them for cash, rather spoils the awe.

Started playing this again. Only for the odd half hour at a time, but I do enjoy wandering around. I think you can travel most places now with last expansion. Still mostly pottering around Bree and the Forsaken Inn trying to avoidtheBarrow Downs.

After burning out on just about every other MMO, I've landed on playing LOTRO, and it's actually still pretty good. The graphics are crap compared to anything released in the last 10 years, but the music is great, the minimal voice acting is fun, and the interweaving of the plot of the book into your adventures is clever. The fact that I'm re-reading the books at the moment helps a lot too - hopefully I won't lose interest once I've finished them.

Not that anyone probably cares, but LOTRO is getting a big update tomorrow which is making a ton of stuff free-to-play. All of the classes and races that were previously locked behind subscription or purchase can now be played on a free account, and all of the content up to level 95 is also going free (previously you were limited to level 30 without paying).

Back
Top Bottom