Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

It gets worse, someone replied asking me to 'pray tell them' how these 'adult sex perfomers' 'acquire the necessary skills' to know what's appropriate for young childen.

Uh.... the same way you and I do? Like, by knowing what's suitable for children because you're an adult and have some common sense?

I don't know if I agree. 'Let them say it, so it can be challenged' is something people have tried for a long time, with limited success a handful of times. For the most part, it's all getting worse. Shouting that Jews are child abusers is just outright hatred that deserves police attention.
Oh yeah, on reflection I left a few things unsaid that I should've spelled out there, so just to clarify:
Regarding the uploader, it's probably worth saying that it wasn't uploaded by an open antisemite who straightforwardly endorses everything in the video, just by one of these attentionseeking clickbait youtuber wankers doing it in the format of "some protests happened in Bolton today, I was on the scene to cover what went on". Which I think changes things a bit - I mean, I don't think the guy is a good or an honest journalist, but I think that journalism should work as a defence at least a bit, people should be able to report on events where far-right weirdos are shouting horrible stuff without it automatically being censored and that's something different to some prick just saying all this to camera as their opinion.
On my reasons for thinking it's better to leave it up:
1) if anyone is thinking about making a complaint to the police, having video evidence proving that the antisemitic abuse took place is probably quite a useful resource to have
2) separately to any potential police complaint, if any independent researchers fancy having a go at trying to identify who this person is, said video is probably also a useful resource for them
3) if anyone is in an argument with any more "moderate" anti-drag-queeners - like Cloo appears right now, for instance - who are trying to pass this off as just being about concerned parents worried about kids being exposed to sexual materials or misogynistic stereotypes in drag or whatever, then I also think it's useful for them to be able to show how extreme the actual protests are, and to ask whether people want to line up alongside the likes of this shouting nazi.

Admittedly, none of those reasons strictly require the video to still be online, as long as anyone wanting to use it for any of those purposes has a copy saved they can still use it, but since I don't/can't know who has and hasn't saved it, leaving it up for now seems to make sense to me (and also youtube might well ignore any report anyway, fwiw)?

Anyway, on that note, if anyone's curious about this Talmudic scholar, here's what he looks like:
1660917997577.png
1660918377666.png
Bolton seig heil.png

Last edited:
It gets worse, someone replied asking me to 'pray tell them' how these 'adult sex perfomers' 'acquire the necessary skills' to know what's appropriate for young childen.

Uh.... the same way you and I do? Like, by knowing what's suitable for children because you're an adult and have some common sense?

Adult sex performer is one hell of a title. Do you think they could have it on their business cards?

Right after their MA in Storytelling.

Anyway, local news story:

And here's a writeup from one of the groups who mobilised for the day.

It was such a bonkers experience, don't think I've mentioned how one guy was shouting about how the only reason there weren't more of us was because George Soros had been arrested and executed, and that meant that he couldn't pay for as many of us as would normally be there.

It was such a bonkers experience, don't think I've mentioned how one guy was shouting about how the only reason there weren't more of us was because George Soros had been arrested and executed, and that meant that he couldn't pay for as many of us as would normally be there.

Ironic they've all been groomed by Facebook to believe 5G is a weapon and medicine is bad for you.

Its interesting looking at the argument I'm currently involved with.

Of course the usual sort of people have dragged out various 'evidence': 'BUT HE HAD AN ERECTION IN FRONT OF KIDS' (I don't see any kids in the photo? Is there any evidence this is at DQST? I don't know if that's an erection of if someone might have photoshopped a lump in to make a point?) BUT THIS DRAG QUEEN TAUGHT KIDS TO TWERK (Maybe that happened, but did it do any harm? Have you seen a Nicki Minaj video? Have your kids?) BUT THIS DRAG QUEEN TWEETS INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL STUFF (But is your 6-year-old using Twitter unsupervised?) and those 'strategically assembled' Twitter highlights are clearly done to angle towards 'paedo paedo' when actually it's nothing of the sort; honestly if it's the worst they can dig up on them it's very innocuous stuff indeed.

I'm not actually bothering to reply to them point to point on that shit. At the end of the day they simply won't understand what I Can't See Why This Is All Clearly So Wrong and I can't understand how they won't see they're being useful idiots for a genuine movement to disenfranchise and punish people for being gay that is promoting a totally fucking made up narrative that DQST and teaching kids about LGBTQ+ is a plot for mass paedophilia.

tbh the label on the bleach bottle in my bathroom is more entertaining than Ms Austen. The kind of people who enthuse about her work are the same who laugh at a Shakespeare comedy.
Shakespeare comedies are funny. And so too are some of his tragedies. But it's a truth universally acknowledged that I will never enthuse about any of la austen's dreary novels

Shakespeare comedies are funny. And so too are some of his tragedies. But it's a truth universally acknowledged that I will never enthuse about any of la austen's dreary novels
Some Shakespeare is funny but only mildly amusing and not really laugh-out-loud. I agree Austen is dreary. I had to read “Mansfield bloody Park” for A-level English and no amount of reassurance that what she was writing about was revolutionary or subverting the norms of the upper classes had any relevance or interest to me could make it interesting. It was also her irritating prose, using various grammatical devices to make a sentence last an entire fucking page, etc. that turned me off. It was like listening to a very complicated German sentence and waiting for the verb 🙄

Some Shakespeare is funny but only mildly amusing and not really laugh-out-loud. I agree Austen is dreary. I had to read “Mansfield bloody Park” for A-level English and no amount of reassurance that what she was writing about was revolutionary or subverting the norms of the upper classes had any relevance or interest to me could make it interesting. It was also her irritating prose, using various grammatical devices to make a sentence last an entire fucking page, etc. that turned me off. It was like listening to a very complicated German sentence and waiting for the verb 🙄
if you don't like that you'll hate james joyce

Oh yeah, on reflection I left a few things unsaid that I should've spelled out there, so just to clarify:
Regarding the uploader, it's probably worth saying that it wasn't uploaded by an open antisemite who straightforwardly endorses everything in the video, just by one of these attentionseeking clickbait youtuber wankers doing it in the format of "some protests happened in Bolton today, I was on the scene to cover what went on". Which I think changes things a bit - I mean, I don't think the guy is a good or an honest journalist, but I think that journalism should work as a defence at least a bit, people should be able to report on events where far-right weirdos are shouting horrible stuff without it automatically being censored and that's something different to some prick just saying all this to camera as their opinion.
1) if anyone is thinking about making a complaint to the police, having video evidence proving that the antisemitic abuse took place is probably quite a useful resource to have
2) separately to any potential police complaint, if any independent researchers fancy having a go at trying to identify who this person is, said video is probably also a useful resource for them
3) if anyone is in an argument with any more "moderate" anti-drag-queeners - like Cloo appears right now, for instance - who are trying to pass this off as just being about concerned parents worried about kids being exposed to sexual materials or misogynistic stereotypes in drag or whatever, then I also think it's useful for them to be able to show how extreme the actual protests are, and to ask whether people want to line up alongside the likes of this shouting nazi.

Admittedly, none of those reasons strictly require the video to still be online, as long as anyone wanting to use it for any of those purposes has a copy saved they can still use it, but since I don't/can't know who has and hasn't saved it, leaving it up for now seems to make sense to me (and also youtube might well ignore any report anyway, fwiw)?

Anyway, on that note, if anyone's curious about this Talmudic scholar, here's what he looks like:
Truly a member of the master race. Superior genetic material right there...

Sorry, none of the react smileys seem quite an appropriate response. Well done for going and sticking it out, sounds like it was grim.

It's like this is the new Uk QAnon thing.

It involves the big banks, the jews, the whole kaboodle.

Last edited:

I wasn't disagreeing that it should be left up. Of course it should be. Journalists should be able to film what's being said, and to show people. I'm not in favour of censorship. I wasn't talking about the person filming, but the person being filmed. I was saying that I find the particular accusation serious enough, slanderous enough, and dangerous enough to warrant more than 'being challenged' by some well meaning but easily ignored party.

So you have all these people going 'Oooh, but it's a slippery slope?' - what, from taking your child to DGST a couple of times when they're little to a local-authority sponsored 'Leave your child at a random man's house day'?
Leaving the house is a slippery slope. Staying in is a slippery slope. Being born is a slippery slope (unless you were born by C section).

For the first time in years, someone asked me the other day what primary school I'd attended, which led to me having a Google to see what the school in question was up to. There were pictures of story time, led by Camilla Parker Bowles - god only knows what that's a slippery slope to - perhaps to seeing the British establishment as kindly and well meaning. Potentially a dangerous early years experience.

I'm just really sad that this entire mess has been adopted wholesale into Britain. It seems like a prime example of an issue designed by and for Americans, in a very specific US context. The speed and vehemence with which it's been imported here has been quite surprising. Every aspect of it seems unnecessary.

I wasn't disagreeing that it should be left up. Of course it should be. Journalists should be able to film what's being said, and to show people. I'm not in favour of censorship. I wasn't talking about the person filming, but the person being filmed. I was saying that I find the particular accusation serious enough, slanderous enough, and dangerous enough to warrant more than 'being challenged' by some well meaning but easily ignored party.
I think we might be talking at cross purposes here, my comments were just about the youtube video. Obviously I'm not in favour of that bloke being able to go about shouting that shit with no consequences.

For the first time in years, someone asked me the other day what primary school I'd attended, which led to me having a Google to see what the school in question was up to. There were pictures of story time, led by Camilla Parker Bowles - god only knows what that's a slippery slope to - perhaps to seeing the British establishment as kindly and well meaning. Potentially a dangerous early years experience.

A school I worked at announced a competition to do something or other, and the winner would get some prize or other, and the prize would be awarded in person by the duchess of Cornwall. Cue murmurs of interest, right up until one kid asks, which one's the duchess of Cornwall? Camilla, answers another kid. Oh, says the first kid, forget it then.

Kids are great :D

A school I worked at announced a competition to do something or other, and the winner would get some prize or other, and the prize would be awarded in person by the duchess of Cornwall. Cue murmurs of interest, right up until one kid asks, which one's the duchess of Cornwall? Camilla, answers another kid. Oh, says the first kid, forget it then.

Kids are great :D

She went to my nephew’s school and he had a bit of a chat with her after he started saying something and the teacher tried to move things on and she said “No, no - let him speak” and he won’t allow anyone to say a word against Camilla.

So maybe she’s just good with kids and that’s why they’re doing that.

I think he was about 9.

Not saying that I agree with it, but it seems like some of the counter-protestors were armed as a protection/defence/pre-emptory response to far-right - proud boys and their ilk - turning up at events armed while consistently threatening violence and worse. One of them last night was holdng a baseball bat with razor wire wrapped round it. A bunch of them from different states turned up at a family Pride event in June in Idaho doing exactly that, they had a truck (literal) full of weapons, and at least one of them was openly carrying zip ties as well as an assault rifle. They talk quite openly about being nazis and doing real harm to marginalised people.

Not saying that I agree with it, but it seems like some of the counter-protestors were armed as a protection/defence/pre-emptory response to far-right - proud boys and their ilk - turning up at events armed while consistently threatening violence and worse. One of them last night was holdng a baseball bat with razor wire wrapped round it. A bunch of them from different states turned up at a family Pride event in June in Idaho doing exactly that, they had a truck (literal) full of weapons, and at least one of them was openly carrying zip ties as well as an assault rifle. They talk quite openly about being nazis and doing real harm to marginalised people.
This is precisely why I just don't understand why this issue has blown up in Britain. It's so specifically American that it shouldn't translate.

Back
Top Bottom