Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

Not saying that I agree with it, but it seems like some of the counter-protestors were armed as a protection/defence/pre-emptory response to far-right - proud boys and their ilk - turning up at events armed while consistently threatening violence and worse. One of them last night was holdng a baseball bat with razor wire wrapped round it. A bunch of them from different states turned up at a family Pride event in June in Idaho doing exactly that, they had a truck (literal) full of weapons, and at least one of them was openly carrying zip ties as well as an assault rifle. They talk quite openly about being nazis and doing real harm to marginalised people.
I think Gavin MacInnes is on camera attacking people with a sword, despite being a millionaire media owner.

I give zero fucks if any of these fascists get shot dead

TBC, you're speaking about the ones who aren't calling drag queens child molesters, correct?

We have to interpret as such from the side they are standing on, but they don’t seem given to conversation, despite their open and friendly appearance.

I’m sure no one passing by could misinterpret their clear benign intent.

We have to interpret as such from the side they are standing on, but they don’t seem given to conversation, despite their open and friendly appearance.

I’m sure no one passing by could misinterpret their clear benign intent.
And I'm equally sure that the people mobilizing in the face of threats from actual nazis will be very grateful for your input.

"I never thought scary men with guns would be on the OTHER side," sobs Texan whose entire identity is based on being a scary man with a gun.

You mean those Texans who had built up arsenals in paranoia of the Federal Government sending black-clad men in masks round to take their guns and property?

Yeah, sure it never occurred to them.

You mean those Texans who had built up arsenals in paranoia of the Federal Government sending black-clad men in masks round to take their guns and property?

Yeah, sure it never occurred to them.

I mean the Texans who use their guns to intimidate drag queens, parents, Muslims, abortion rights protesters, authorities trying to enforce COVID restrictions, mothers calling for better gun laws, etc etc. Though in the latter case, of course, I don't think the mothers would have welcomed gun-toting counterprotesters.

Ah, completely different ones then.
Thanks for going to all the effort to clear that up.

I'm sure there's no shortage of shitheads in the middle of the "paranoid arsenal builder" and "waving guns at people who disagree with me" Venn diagram but I don't think they're identical groups.

I'm sure there's no shortage of shitheads in the middle of the "paranoid arsenal builder" and "waving guns at people who disagree with me" Venn diagram but I don't think they're identical groups.

Maybe a poll to gauge degree of overlap would be appropriate.

Prob best include a circle for “skinny middle-class white boy LARPers dressed as every videogame and action movie faceless grunt ever but carrying real AR’s cos that’s going to convince everyone that everything is totally fine” too.

Last edited:
Quite the masterstroke, this.

Nothing to underline the absolutely fineness and wholesome nature of an event like having black clad masked goons with heavy weaponry stood around it.

I'd be absolutely fucking terrified if I saw anyone dressed like that at any event and carrying a real gun. Wouldn't matter if he was on my side. It's America, I suppose - they accept things we don't accept.

I'd be absolutely fucking terrified if I saw anyone dressed like that at any event and carrying a real gun. Wouldn't matter if he was on my side. It's America, I suppose - they accept things we don't accept.
Yes, same. Confronted with that I'd be discreetly making for the fire exit, trying not to draw attention to myself in case my escape route was blocked, before sprinting to the car and screeching off into the distance. How any other sort of reaction became normalised is the headfuck.

What kind of mindset decides a baseball bat on its own isn't enough without a wrapping of barbed wire around it, tells us all we need to know about these people. He probably did that at his kitchen table like it was the most normal thing in the world to do after the dishes were done.

it the do you own research wankers not being able to notice when their been taking advantage by the Christian right
Yes, they do get around.

This very enjoyable article is 11 years old, but horribly prescient about all kinds of recent developments...

Back
Top Bottom