Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

These loony protestors obvisiously haven't heard of just writing to the chief librarian or local council if they don't an activity at the library. But then again I wonder if they have ever been in a library. Or read a book.

Think we need to of more creative ways to combat this right wing nonsense. But best not to argue or fight in front of children though, that is no way for grown ups to conduct themselves.

Maybe having 'please be quiet to respect other library users' signs for banners and hold a silent vigil, just miming sshhh! occasionally? Or staging a full on panto outside with 'its behind you' and 'to the woods' signs chanting things like 'oh no he isn't!' 'oh yes he is!' and throwing sweets at them?
Zackly ! And/or 'SHHHH !' banners :D

Yes. The idea that grooming is happening during a single visit, from a complete stranger, in a public place, in front of many witnesses including parents and library workers, is just completely fucking absurd. It's indefensible.
Absolutely, but because it's so irrational, how do we combat it ?

Bit rich for the PA creeps to be accusing others of grooming

Collett is also a pal/associate of Jack Renshaw, a convicted terrorist and child groomer
Funny that

I think this is actually a fantastic idea. Show them a copy of the book being read to the kids, while challenging them to explain exactly how it's "grooming" for a fully clothed person to read that book to children.

I predict spluttering and bluster.
The ones in Bolton seemed very convinced that there was going to be a book read that involved "animals defecating on each other". I have absolutely no idea if there's any grain of truth in this or if it's pure fantasy, but even if it's the former I would guess that might be less of a desire to indoctrinate kids into the world of scat play and more because that's the sort of humour that children often appreciate - as mentioned over on the Raymond Briggs thread, I liked Fungus the Bogeyman as a kid, I'd hate to hear what paranoid conspiracy theorists might make of that ("IT'S ALL ABOUT BODILY FLUIDS!!!!" etc).

The ones in Bolton seemed very convinced that there was going to be a book read that involved "animals defecating on each other". I have absolutely no idea if there's any grain of truth in this or if it's pure fantasy, but even if it's the former I would guess that might be less of a desire to indoctrinate kids into the world of scat play and more because that's the sort of humour that children often appreciate - as mentioned over on the Raymond Briggs thread, I liked Fungus the Bogeyman as a kid, I'd hate to hear what paranoid conspiracy theorists might make of that ("IT'S ALL ABOUT BODILY FLUIDS!!!!" etc).

Hell yeah I had that Fungus the Bogeyman book. Still not a scat fan btw

Let’s not forget the child-friendly scatplay grooming emoji that Bill Gates put on all the computers: 💩

One of the youtuber dickheads who was out filming yesterday has uploaded a video, which includes a bit of the anti-semitic abuse - won't link cos the guy's a dick and don't want to contribute to sharing people's faces around, but here's a relevant clip of the audio - "ah, you're a Jew! Now it makes sense, now it makes sense. It's about your religion, innit, child abuse is your religion. Tell them about the Talmud, tell them about the Talmud, what's it say in the Talmud, what's it say in the Talmud? In the Talmud it says you can rape goyim children", etc etc.

Attachments

• Bolton Audio_Trim.mp4
    1.2 MB
One of the youtuber dickheads who was out filming yesterday has uploaded a video, which includes a bit of the anti-semitic abuse - won't link cos the guy's a dick and don't want to contribute to sharing people's faces around, but here's a relevant clip of the audio - "ah, you're a Jew! Now it makes sense, now it makes sense. It's about your religion, innit, child abuse is your religion. Tell them about the Talmud, tell them about the Talmud, what's it say in the Talmud, what's it say in the Talmud? In the Talmud it says you can rape goyim children", etc etc.
Should report the video.

There are loads of books about poo in children’s libraries ffs. They’re very popular. Kids love reading about disgusting gruesome things as much as adults do.
They’re probably thinking of this children’s classic, which shits all over other children’s books about shit and shitting:
51417D2A-E7C8-4897-A5B4-A410781E08A5.jpeg

There are loads of books about poo in children’s libraries ffs. They’re very popular. Kids love reading about disgusting gruesome things as much as adults do.
They’re probably thinking of this children’s classic, which shits all over other children’s books about shit and shitting:
View attachment 338460
Well remembered! Either they were thinking of that and it had got seriously distorted along the way, or else it was just an absolute lie with no basis in reality, genuinely hard to say which.

View attachment 338460
Just further proof most of these people have never had children, or if they have they've left it all to the kids' mum.

That may be worth doing at some point, in the mean time I'd tend to think it might be more useful to have it available as documentation of who these people are and what they're saying, if that makes sense?
I don't know if I agree. 'Let them say it, so it can be challenged' is something people have tried for a long time, with limited success a handful of times. For the most part, it's all getting worse. Shouting that Jews are child abusers is just outright hatred that deserves police attention.

Matt Cavan aka Cherrie Ontop does DQSH. He's had a lot of homophobia and horrible things said about him recently so made this statement:

BTW Matt recently chose a book to read to the kids at the library called "The Wonky Donkey" about a disabled donkey who farts a lot. :thumbs:

God, just replied to someone online asking 'How do I complain about DQST at a venue in going to saying she didn't want to sound 'right wing', and my answer was 'don't'. Let performers who, as Cherrie Ontop says know the difference between an adult audience and one of pre schoolers get on with it and don't go out take your kids if it's not your thing.

Back
Top Bottom