Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

It was such a rush seeing them off. My cousin’s 15 year old insisted we stay until they were all gone. Was at Pride today and there were so many families and young people out and enjoying themselves. Never smiled (ecstasy-free) so much in my life, just happy that we’re gonna be alright and the bigots are going to look increasingly pathetic and powerless. Not that we don’t have a fight on our hands coming.

It was such a rush seeing them off. My cousin’s 15 year old insisted we stay until they were all gone. Was at Pride today and there were so many families and young people out and enjoying themselves. Never smiled (ecstasy-free) so much in my life, just happy that we’re gonna be alright and the bigots are going to look increasingly pathetic and powerless. Not that we don’t have a fight on our hands coming.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Montreal cancelled their pride parade due to a lack of volunteers for security.
They cancelled it just before it was supposed to start.

Well done mate, showed them up.

This is great public feedback from one of the parents who attended - hear hear!

“My local library is the first place I remember my mum allowing me to travel on my own (it was only across the road, but it was a nugget of independence that I cherished and thoroughly enjoyed). Perhaps this is why I still find such comfort and solace in libraries. For me, even if I find myself in a library I have never visited before, I feel at ease. I can get lost in time when browsing and reading books and it brings me great comfort. There is no time restriction, you can simply… be. I challenge you to find somewhere I feel as safe as I do within a library.
I am extremely lucky to live in Leeds where @leedslibraries does an exceptional job at making sure libraries are there for their communities. You can find support, jobs, access to otherwise expensive equipment and live shows that are otherwise inaccessible to certain communities. Our libraries are one of the few places that exist in which you are not expected to spend money and the true value of that is priceless. There is no ulterior motive, no expectation.
❤️
Books can be your escape if you’re not happy with your reality.
��
Book characters can give you a voice with their courage and colour.
��
Books teach us about the history that informs our present.
��
Books hold the information that will fuel the next generation of thought leaders.
��
Books have the power to stop us repeating the same mistakes.
Thank you to @aidahdeedrag for reminding me of just how important our libraries are and inspiring so many to share the love of the LGBTQ+ community through your books.”

Brave woman, and good response to the cunts.

This “LGBTQ materials” term seems like it could apply to all manner of things that most reasonable people might be fine with or totally disagree with depending on content.

It’s the perfect term to use in writing an outrage article on, whatever your perspective.

God, saw another one in the internet 'wild' again today: 'I don't have kids yet, but when I do should I home educate them so they can avoid all the gender ideology in schools now?'

Yeah love, that's right, here's a typical school timetable today:

9-10 Gender ideology indoctrination
11-12 Chest binding lesson
12-1 Lunch, but it's gay
1-2 PE with a drag queen
2-3 Reading of Shon Faye's 'The Transgender Issue'

These people are bonkers.

Last edited:
God, saw another one in the internet 'wild' again today: 'I don't have kids yet, but when I do should I home educate them so they can avoid all the gender ideology in schools now?'

Yeah love, that's right, he's a typical school timetable today:

9-10 Gender ideology indoctrination
11-12 Chest binding lesson
12-1 Lunch, but it's gay
1-2 PE with a drag queen
2-3 Reading of Shon Faye's 'The Transgender Issue'

These people are bonkers.

It's basically just, 'I know nothing about this and have no stake in it, but I'm still happy to state as a point of fact that the schools are indoctrinating kids into being trans and/or gay and having pronouns and various other things I'm very cross about without understanding them at all.'

Whatever gender ideology is, I wish we could indoctrinate kids in it. Because that'd mean we'd finally finished indoctrinating them into not stabbing each other or joining in with the 'cut your own head off challenge' they saw on tiktok.

Whatever gender ideology is, I wish we could indoctrinate kids in it. Because that'd mean we'd finally finished indoctrinating them into not stabbing each other or joining in with the 'cut your own head off challenge' they saw on tiktok.

Kind of weird logic.
Tiktok can perform lots of different functions at once.

I think the point is that often when it's claimed schools are indoctrinating children what's actually going on is that schools are desperately trying to catch up with a generational shift in social attitudes or values. The kids are indoctrinating the schools but no-one wants to admit that because it reminds us we'll all be old or dead soon and they will be running the world.

The kids are actually great with this stuff. They're not all changing genders three times a week but when someone comes in on a Monday who was called something else last Friday, the rest of the class won't miss a beat in accepting it, assimilating into their worldview and getting right on with whatever stupid shit they were worried about before that happened. They stand up for each other in a way kids just didn't back when I was one of them.

And we don't teach them that. They just put it together by themselves.

The kids are actually great with this stuff. They're not all changing genders three times a week but when someone comes in on a Monday who was called something else last Friday, the rest of the class won't miss a beat in accepting it, assimilating into their worldview and getting right on with whatever stupid shit they were worried about before that happened. They stand up for each other in a way kids just didn't back when I was one of them.

What age group are these kids, by the way?

I think some people are too proud too admit that we have a lot to learn from younger people.

The kids are actually great with this stuff.

I find the kids today are far more accepting of stuff my generation and yours weren't. Most of my kids have learning needs of some sort, but their needs vary wildly. While they may use the word mong too liberally for Urban's likes, they rarely use it on each other, and never as a direct attack for a learning need.

Back
Top Bottom