Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the derails are ruining my, oh god whats he done now enjoyment, when I see it near the top of the forum:mad:

Apologies. Back to the Donald.

tumblr_ntq66qV4V71tufbypo1_1280.jpg

That ad is just bonkers. I mean, I knew he said most of that stuff, but I sort of figured they were just off the cuff remarks, not the cornerstone of the whole campaign. It's like the montage from some near future dystopian sci-fi flick, where right at the start they show how a once rational society was terrified into voting for a clear authoritarian lunatic, in a jokey, OTT tone.

Things that jump out

1, "until we can figure out what's going on". He has not only come out and said he doesn't really understand what he's talking about, he's made it the basis for his first campaign commitment. As crispy said, this is beyond satire.

2, he's gonna steal ISIS's stolen oil. I mean, I know that's the basis for the last 15 years or so US foreign policy, but again, they usually try and hide it.

3, Hes going to make Mexico pay for his giant wall, against their will.

Great to see that almost all of the mainstream American press are covering the story that Parliament is to debate banning Donald Trump from the UK.
MPs are to debate whether to bar Donald Trump from entering the UK in response to a public petition calling for action against the US Presidential candidate.

About 568,000 people have backed a petition calling on the tycoon to be barred for comments he made about banning Muslims from the US.

Labour MP Paul Flynn will lead a debate in Westminster Hall on 18 January.

David Cameron has condemned Mr Trump, who has major business interests in the UK, but said he should be allowed in.

The Commons petitions committee decided to hold a debate on the issue after considering the matter at a meeting on Tuesday. Under the current rules, MPs have to consider any petition with 100,000 signatures for discussion in Parliament.
MPs to debate calls to ban Donald Trump - BBC News

Now who was it here that said that the petition was a waste of time? :)

Great to see that almost all of the mainstream American press are covering the story that Parliament is to debate banning Donald Trump from the UK.

Now who was it here that said that the petition was a waste of time? :)

Not a waste of time.. some people just thought banning people we don't like from entering the country was the wrong way to go.

Not a waste of time.. some people just thought banning people we don't like from entering the country was the wrong way to go.
No, some people argued that the petition was a waste of time and nothing would come of it. Read back through the thread.

Ah. Ok, that's different. I still hope he comes over here if he wants to, and gets loads of eggs and abuse.

edit: Do think it's really good news that a petition with enough signatures on it = a debate in parliament, didn't know that.

Last edited:
It'll also inform lots of other people that he's considered to be a first class racist cunt. That'll do for me.

I find it really hard to imagine a Trump-supporter having any sort of blinding revelation that - hang on, they're right, he IS a racist cunt, as a result of anything that the UK parliament does or says.

Even if it shores up his support by playing into the rebel outsider image?
I don't believe there's a limitless amount of stupid people who are going to be taken in by his xenophobic rhetoric, so I can't see any real downsides to him being ridiculed and his arguments ripped apart elsewhere.

I find it really hard to imagine a Trump-supporter having any sort of blinding revelation that - hang on, they're right, he IS a racist cunt, as a result of anything that the UK parliament does or says.
It's not about trying to convert Trump supporters. It's about side stepping his mighty media machine and raising questions about what he's saying and what he's proposing.

I can't see any real downsides to him being ridiculed and his arguments ripped apart elsewhere.
I totally agree with you. It just seems to me that there would be far better, more fun and more powerful ways of doing this than to ban him from entering the country is all.

It's the fact that you're such a strong ally to the US historically that makes it powerful. The fact that your prime minister is "condemning" Trump is huge, really. Has anything like that happened before (i.e. a president or presidential candidate being shunned by UK PM)?

Ah. Ok, that's different. I still hope he comes over here if he wants to, and gets loads of eggs and abuse.

edit: Do think it's really good news that a petition with enough signatures on it = a debate in parliament, didn't know that.
Has to be considered for a debate,not the same as guaranteed debate

I totally agree with you. It just seems to me that there would be far better, more fun and more powerful ways of doing this than to ban him from entering the country is all.
Well, let's hear some of them and tell me how you're going to implement them....

This isn't the ONLY way of course, but it all adds up, little by little.

Well, let's hear some of them and tell me how you're going to implement them....

This isn't the ONLY way of course, but it all adds up, little by little.

I'd have to implement them all by my lonesome? :(

Not sure what the Trump would want to come here for but, if it was to do talks to crowds of fans or whatever, I reckon that would go very badly for him: Imagine him on telly having to have his bodyguards help him through ranks of jeering crowds (maybe with stupid orange gerbil-wigs on but that's optional) in order to speak to a massive empty bingo hall with about 2 people in it, with their backs to him. Or something. I don't know, but do feel that debate and taking the piss is better than censorship, even when we are 'offended' by what he has to say.

Last edited:
I'd have to implement them all by lonesome? :(

Not sure what the Trump would want to come here for but, if it was to do talks to crowds of fans or whatever, I reckon that would go very badly for him: Imagine him on telly having to have his bodyguards help him through ranks of jeering crowds (maybe with stupid orange gerbil-wigs on but that's optional) in order to speak to a massive empty bingo hall with about 2 people in it, with their backs to him. Or something. I don't know, but do feel that debate and taking the piss is better than censorship, even when we are 'offended' by what he has to say.
Yes, but all that is more likely to happen now if he visits because the petition has got people talking about him. That's why I think it's a good thing. It's stirred up interest and shone a spotlight on his loathsome beliefs.

Yes, but all that is more likely to happen now if he visits because the petition has got people talking about him. That's why I think it's a good thing. It's stirred up interest and shone a spotlight on his loathsome beliefs.
Maybe - as long as the petition doesn't actually, you know, succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom