Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on. Is there someone out there buzzing around the UK in a MiG? That's fucking awesome.

Polish Airforce still uses MiGs and Sukhois in a frontline role (didn't they buy most of the ex-East German MiGs off the Luftwaffe?) - Which do visit UK and IIRC Canadian ranges and bases fairly regularly since Poland joined NATO in the late 1990s.

Polish Airforce still uses MiGs and Sukhois in a frontline role (didn't they buy most of the ex-East German MiGs off the Luftwaffe?) - Which do visit UK and IIRC Canadian ranges and bases fairly regularly since Poland joined NATO in the late 1990s.
Then the Polish airforce would have been accountable for the bill, not the manufacturer, though they wouldn't coz its a civilian thing. Its MiG's in house demonstrators travelling round the airshow curcuit trying to drum up sales

"There is hatred against us that is unbelievable," Trump said. "It's their hatred, it's not our hatred."

Oh, the irony.

b99b15089acddabc0a0e861abb56b141.jpg

I did have some doubts about Trump, but after seeing this I'm on board now......

With US politics it can get really hard to differentiate the disturbing from the outright absurd. There's at least one Coen Brothers comedy in Trump's campaign.

For all people take the piss out of UKIP and the like here it always surprises me just how blind people around US politics can be. East and West coast Liberals and even people in enclaves like Austin have real disdain/arrogance towards even moderate Republicans. Which is returned I know but the lack of any sense of recognition of their opponents as even vaguely human/normal from people who declare themselves Liberal is still a shocker. And it's not just from people on the wrong side of a wealth gap. Articles like that are good but it's still odd that you should need near anthropological research on people who're basically next door to you.

I did have some doubts about Trump, but after seeing this I'm on board now......

Land of the free, where 1 in 10 works in Law enforcement. Home of the brave, 'policing' the world with drones..... from a candidate contemptuous of the 1st amendment.

Samuel Johnson's "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" is apt. Not dissing patriotism per say, but a scoundrel with nothing else to offer will wrap themself in the flag.

Last edited:

I managed 18 seconds before feeling the urge to throw my computer out of the window... It would have been less if the instrumental intro weren't as long as it was....

nothing quite so sinister as little girl cheerleaders singing about the enemies of freedom
Don't think i got that far. I wondered to myself 'what sort of parent gets their kid to act like a performing monkey for the far-right?' then i remembered Prussian Blue and thought 'oh, that sort of parent...' :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom