Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

“Unfortunately, there have been false reports that have been repeated by numerous, supposedly credible, news organizations that the state’s RFP was catered to one specific organization,” Issett said, noting that tailoring the request so that only one manufacturer’s Bible would qualify would be illegal.
:D false reports that accurately reported the specific requirements

President Joe Biden has said the "irresponsible and relentless promotion of disinformation and outright lies" about the government's hurricane response is "undermining confidence" in rescue and recovery efforts, even as Hurricane Milton heads towards Florida.

“Kamala spent all her Fema money - billions of dollars - on housing for illegal migrants," Trump said in Michigan last week.
This claim is false.

When the hurricane first hit, Trump claimed that the governor of Georgia hadn’t spoken to President Biden following the state being badly affected.
“He has been calling the president, hasn't been able to get him,” Trump said at a news conference in Georgia on the afternoon of 30 September.
But earlier that day, Georgia’s Governor Brian Kemp - a Republican - said in an interview: “The president just called me yesterday afternoon, I missed him and called him right back, and he just said ‘hey what do you need?’ and I told him we’ve got what we need, we’re working through the federal process.”
“He offered if there’s other things we need to call him directly, which I appreciate,” he added.

Trump said at the Butler rally that “Kamala wined and dined in San Francisco, and all of the people in North Carolina - no helicopters, no rescue - it’s just - what’s happened there is very bad.”
This is false. By the time Trump made this remark on 5 October, the North Carolina National Guard, which is under the dual command of federal and state governments, had already posted on X, external that its “air assets have completed 146 flight missions, resulting in the rescue of 538 people and 150 pets”.

I gave away my school bible from 1971 last year along with the rest of my books - I have to say I was conflicted about what to do with it - having somehow managed to keep it intact for over 50 years - but even at school there were only VERY few "MSE" classes where we were called upon to open them.
It will probably end up in a power station or landfill anyway.

I gave away my school bible from 1971 last year along with the rest of my books - I have to say I was conflicted about what to do with it - having somehow managed to keep it intact for over 50 years - but even at school there were only VERY few "MSE" classes where we were called upon to open them.
It will probably end up in a power station or landfill anyway.

I've got a KJV Bible in print lying around here somewhere, that I rescued from an abandoned house many years ago. Seems like a good idea to have a paper copy of one of the most influential books ever written.

I've got a KJV Bible in print lying around here somewhere, that I rescued from an abandoned house many years ago. Seems like a good idea to have a paper copy of one of the most influential books ever written.
Bizarrely, for a couple of atheists, Mr Rompipalle and I have several bibles kicking around in our house. Most of them are quite old and were gifts given to family members who are no longer with us and it feels wrong to part with them. He also has one which was a Christening gift from his Godmother. I have one which was a gift to my grandfather to commemorate the Coronation of King George V in 1911.

Another was a gift to my Mum who was widowed in 1957 after only being married for four months. Her first husband was a trainee Church of Scotland Minister and the bible was presented to her after his death, by his fellow students from that year.

Last edited:
Some loon marched into the surging waves and hung a Trump flag on Naples pier ...
View attachment 446269

I'd laugh at Trump supporters, but I saw a similar one for Harris. I think we can write it off as a Florida Problem, as opposed to a Dem/Rep one.

I don't think there's a generic Republican fuckwittery thread, so I'll post here mention of Marjorie Taylor Greene's claim that the Democrats "control the weather".

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) scorched Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Wednesday over her “very dangerous” misinformation just as Hurricane Milton strikes his home state, a Category 3 storm that has already left millions without power.

“And then obviously, we have my favorite, Marjorie Taylor Greene, who runs the Mensa caucus, talking about the fact that we have a weather machine,” said Moskowitz, a former director of Florida’s emergency management division, in an interview with MSNBC’s Jason Johnson.

“You know, if there are aliens watching and they’re looking at all of this, they can definitely confirm there is no intelligent life in Congress with Marjorie Taylor Greene talking about a weather machine being used for politics. It’s very dangerous.”

I like that line. :D

Establish empathy with your audience :thumbs:

View attachment 446419

And Detroit is on it's way back up, so aside from him being insulting... he's also wrong. As usual.

But Detroit has also been touted as a symbol of an American post-industrial city in recovery with numerous projects aimed at revitalizing its downtown and attempts to repair and reinvest in its housing stock. In May the city reported a population rise for the first time in decades.

That sense of recovery was the theme of Detroit mayor Mike Duggan’s response. He posted: “Detroit just hosted the largest NFL Draft in history, the Tigers are back in the playoffs, the Lions are headed to the Super Bowl, crime is down and our population is growing. Lots of cities should be like Detroit. And we did it all without Trump’s help.”

Back
Top Bottom