Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Like it or not Trump is a publicity machine. Just look at the length of this thread compared to the length of the Kamala Harris thread. People want to talk about Trump, people do talk about Trump.

I don't want another Trump presidency, but it is still possible.

An interest in talking about him doesn't equate to an interest in or support for him as a potential president.

As long as what's being posted about him focuses upon and exposes him for the egregious grifting, bigoted, racist, abusive pos he is, it's all good.

Well Yuwipi Woman it is still possible no? The polls seem within their margin of error where Harris is in front that is .. And I get the impression (possibly wrongly from afar) that Trump is holding more meetings than Harris is! ..

I do hope that Trump isn't elected again. I recall the election when he won. Everyone was like "Wow! We're going to have our first female President." We shouldn't be counting on winning until it's a done deal. Things are still really close and could quite well go Trump's way again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump knew how Melania felt about abortion. He supported abortion rights up until it suited his election chances to think otherwise. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was an abortion in Melania's past (or in Donald's).
Didn't he donate thousands of dollars to planned parenthood in the 90s?

Didn't he donate thousands of dollars to planned parenthood in the 90s?

I honestly don't know. It seems out of character for him to actually do something truly charitable.

Here's a timeline I found of his position(s) on abortion:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump knew how Melania felt about abortion. He supported abortion rights up until it suited his election chances to think otherwise. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was an abortion in Melania's past (or in Donald's).

Yeah, around the time he got together with Melania he was calling himself "very pro-choice" and saying he might not have the same attitudes as somebody in Iowa because he's lived in New York City his whole life

An interest in talking about him doesn't equate to an interest in or support for him as a potential president.

As long as what's being posted about him focuses upon and exposes him for the egregious grifting, bigoted, racist, abusive pos he is, it's all good.
It’s not though, is it? It’s kind of alarming that people are so faithful that ‘common sense’ will prevail, despite what has happened so far.

You know that. I know that. However, there's a lot of low information voters (or misinformation voters) out there that think "if I know this guy's name, he must be alright." There's also that core group of supporters who are happy as long as Trump does harm to people they hate. I always remember some woman interviewed on tv saying "... but, he's hurting the wrong people." I'm forever annoyed at that reporter not asking, "who would that be?"

It’s not though, is it? It’s kind of alarming that people are so faithful that ‘common sense’ will prevail, despite what has happened so far.

Where did I say that common sense will prevail? I didn't, and I didn't because I know common sense has no place in contemporary American politics. As, I'd guess, pretty much everyone else who contributes to this thread also knows.

What I said was, talking about size of thread in the context of trump in the way that we here on this thread are talking about trump, is not indicative of either support for trump or size of support for trump.

Although no doubt when he pops in for a nightly read, his only impression will be that he has the bigliest and best thread and is beating that Harris woman's thread bigly hands down.

Last edited:
Yeah I did think in the 2016 election that the amount of focus on trump was a self fulfilling prophecy. Every bit of news was about him even when people were laughing at/criticising him and it made his winning seem inevitable. Unfortunately I guessed he would win and the majority of people thought he wouldn't.

I don't have that feeling this time tbh, but I think that's a good point and I'm still worried.

You know that. I know that. However, there's a lot of low information voters (or misinformation voters) out there that think "if I know this guy's name, he must be alright." There's also that core group of supporters who are happy as long as Trump does harm to people they hate. I always remember some woman interviewed on tv saying "... but, he's hurting the wrong people." I'm forever annoyed at that reporter not asking, "who would that be?"

I totally appreciate that but, and no disrespect whatsoever to Urban75, I doubt somehow this site is on the radar of the people you mention.

We're talking to each other. All we can usefully do on this thread is usefully point out everything that's so fucking wrong with donald trump. For our own sanity, if nothing else.

I totally appreciate that but, and no disrespect whatsoever to Urban75, I doubt somehow this site is on the radar of the people you mention.

We're talking to each other. All we can usefully do on this thread is usefully point out everything that's so fucking wrong with donald trump. For our own sanity, if nothing else.

We can. I was thinking more systemically. He dominates the news cycle to the point that no one else gets heard.

Back
Top Bottom