Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dominic Raab’s time is up

I hear he may face big problems from the Liberals in his constituency at the next General Election, so if the report is as bad as is being spun then a view may be taken that it's time to waft him out of the window, like a stale old heavy fart on a stagnant summer's day.

Probably the nicest comparison anyone's made with Dominic Raab in years. He's been yesterday's man ever since wee Rishi took over.

Sunak has said he'll take his time to consider the report. meaning he'll sit on it, and hope everyone else forgets about it in an era of very short attention spans.

Cynical.

Sky news reporting that their will be no decision today on the future of Dominic Rabb meaning he is safe in his job for now

He's got the key support he needs now - Claire Fox

Baroness Claire Fox, an unaligned peer, said the term bully had become "ever more elastic and expanded over the years".

Speaking to Politics Live a little earlier, she claimed bullying allegations were being levelled against people for "all sorts of reasons, that are not what we would normally constitute as bullying".

Fox said many of the claims about Raab being reported in the press were "like he was a hard taskmaster", adding that the country cannot get into a situation where having expectations of work will lead to claims of bullying.

Just as I would not want Dominic Raab to be saved because of a political bias on Rishi Sunak’s part, I also wouldn’t want him to be sacked for political reasons either, where he feels that if he doesn’t do it people will say he’s been soft on bullying.

I don’t think it’s as black and white as people say at all.”
Unaligned, my arse.

Baroness Claire Fox, an unaligned peer, said the term bully had become "ever more elastic and expanded over the years".

Speaking to Politics Live a little earlier, she claimed bullying allegations were being levelled against people for "all sorts of reasons, that are not what we would normally constitute as bullying".

Fox said many of the claims about Raab being reported in the press were "like he was a hard taskmaster", adding that the country cannot get into a situation where having expectations of work will lead to claims of bullying.

Unaligned, my arse.
Jesus :facepalm:

Unaligned, my arse.
I (genuinely) read that as 'an unhinged peer'. Which is about right.

Presume the delay is sunak trying to find a way to keep him, or at least making it look that way when the headbangers come calling.

And the longer Sunak leaves it the worse it gets for him

I hope. I'm sure Dan Wooton will take time out from slagging off Megham Markle to defend Raab against something woke or other

Unaligned, my arse.
Fair call No one could have expected the then Foriegn Secretaty to involve himself with the decoupling from Afganistan (given the data left behind found approach to Teixeira (also wrong) a bit pompous). Iirc Sea was shut so didn't even get the down time he felt he needed

Back
Top Bottom