Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you hate fancy dress/costumes?

Firestarter. Simply carry a lighter or a box of matches. Possibly best not to start any actual fires. But if things get boring .....

Oh god, there's a special place in hell for bastards dedicated enough to take a bloody costume to a fucking festival :mad:
I think its the sixth circle

2 The nine circles of Hell
2.1 First Circle (Limbo)
2.2 Second Circle (Lust)
2.3 Third Circle (Gluttony)
2.4 Fourth Circle (Greed)
2.5 Fifth Circle (Anger)
2.6 Sixth Circle (Infinite US EDM on a loop zone)
2.7 Seventh Circle (Violence)
2.8 Eighth Circle (Fraud)
2.9 Ninth Circle (Treachery)

tbh I like it when other people do it (including festivals) just dont expect me to

If it's an easy theme and I've been given lots of notice I don't mind it. If it's a difficult theme and you've only give me two weeks notice, fuck you. I quite like dressing up sometimes but I don't always have the time/money/effort to put together a decent costume. I've been to a number already anyway and it's annoying have clothes you've only worn to the party and that's it.

I used to hate it until about 7 years ago when I realised I was just being a too introverted/not a joiner/missing out on good times. Now I join in and have much more fun.

This thread needs pics

10734029_10152357152206338_6720524985778108461_n.jpg

IMHO you either need to take some time or trouble (or spend a fair bit on hiring/buying) with the costume, or be willing to explain who/what you are or why you didn't bother.

Having said that, my idea of a good costume is one which you can more or less forget you're wearing because it doesn't get in the way or need taping/pinning/tweaking back into place.

I hate being told to wear fancy dress. I stopped accepting invites to anything involving fancy dress ages ago. A couple of time I've been invited to parties and accepted and then a couple of days later been told it's fancy dress. I just say I'm going in that case.
It's not being awkward, it the awful stress that fancy dress puts me under.

Also, in most cases it turns out that the hosts already have the most amazing outfits sorted for themselves :( (not you Poot) :)

I like it fine. I need a long time to mentally prepare for it though, because I don't like wearing a half-arsed get up.

Years ago I used to be able to cobble together any amount of fancy dress outfits on short notice just from my own outfits and makeup, but both are too boring for that to work these days.

I used to hate it until about 7 years ago when I realised I was just being a too introverted/not a joiner/missing out on good times. Now I join in and have much more fun.

This thread needs pics

10734029_10152357152206338_6720524985778108461_n.jpg

This picture sums up why I dislike fancy dress. Men who make the effort to dress up look ridiculous compared the the women.

I can't bear fancy dress, I think probably because I am really very shy/introverted and don't particularly like to draw attention to myself. Also go through times when I am quite big and there is a real danger of a costume being horribly unflattering or fitting poorly. I'd rather just quietly enjoy myself at a party!

I like the *idea* of fancy dress but despite spending lots of time and money trying to sort out a costume have never actually made it out of the front door. I want to look and feel happy to go a party, so far fancy dress has always had the opposite effect.

I like the *idea* of fancy dress but despite spending lots of time and money trying to sort out a costume have never actually made it out of the front door. I want to look and feel happy to go a party, so far fancy dress has always had the opposite effect.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say in my post, but you put it way better, so much this ^^^^

I can see how fancy dress is too much for some guests, but its your big party and you should have what you want. Maybe allow a get out clause on the invite, no costume but must ware a hat or mask perhaps. And a boozy prize for the best outfit to help encourage the hardcore dresser uppers.

I can see how fancy dress is too much for some guests, but its your big party and you should have what you want. Maybe allow a get out clause on the invite, no costume but must ware a hat or mask perhaps. And a boozy prize for the best outfit to help encourage the hardcore dresser uppers.

Oh now wear a mask I could get on board with and enjoy :)
Fancy dress party=me trying to find a way out of it
Masked ball, no problem :)

Back
Top Bottom