Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Anyone been a local coop recently? You need a about fifty quid for one basket.

Tired of it. I earn good money and still left with nothing at the end of the month just by spending said month being shafted every time I walk into a shop etc.
But really. I lived in Brockley for a bit during lockdown etc and got mullared going to the coop local. The old Kent road Lidl was a schlep on the bus with a cab back but saved me one and a half a month.

Went to the Christmas market in Innsbruck a couple of years ago, it was epic. Not shit on any level, mulled wine is of course bogging, you must spend an extra €2 for the first one to get a cup then it was €2 a go, after the third they went down lovely and the whole city was lashed up, but none of that air of violence that lurks around U.K. cities when people get on one.

Sunday though, Austria, same as Germany; morgue and flight home not until 5pm…

Walked through the Brum Christmas market yesterday and was very underwhelmed. I think 85% of the stalls were Bier kellers, 10% were German sausage sellers/ other food stuffs and the last 5% were over priced gift items.
sounds like they got the ratios about right imo

Anyone experienced Antwerp Xmas market. I managed to avoid this year as couldn't be arsed with the planning back in November but still somewhat tempted for next year. Innsbruck looks far more attractive to be honest but Antwerp is drive able

I went to Christmas markets in Dusseldorf and Cologne last year and they were great. Busy but not unbearable, not fenced off with big hoardings like they are here so you don't feel penned in like cattle, a good variety of stalls selling things you might actually want to buy, and lots of different food/drink offerings. Very Christmassy, 10/10 would go again.

I'm not sure why we apparently can't manage a similar experience here

Edinburgh's market is mystifyingly popular despite articles like this every year. I just completely avoid the centre for a month.

Edinburgh's market is mystifyingly popular despite articles like this every year. I just completely avoid the centre for a month.

Went to that a few years back, massive queue to get in from The Mound, but you could just wander in off Princes St, which was a bit odd. Didn't spend a single penny in there, it was utterly crap.

0_reindeer-pic-2.jpg

"We had taken our kids to the cinema. We went past and saw the reindeer. It was singing Frosty the Snowman.

"Then it went a bit funny.

"I said to my friend 'I swear it said Frosty The Pervert'.Then I thought I heard it say d***. I thought 'that's a bit inappropriate'.

"The song is about Frosty the Snowman going into a playground and exposing himself in front of children. At this point a man walked in. I thought 'does he work there?'

"He said 'sorry, there were kids in there'.

:eek:

Anyone been a local coop recently? You need a about fifty quid for one basket.

Tired of it. I earn good money and still left with nothing at the end of the month just by spending said month being shafted every time I walk into a shop etc.
It pisses me off that they have promotional material in our local Co-op telling students that they get a 5% or 10% ? student discount.

Makes me think 'What about all your loyal local customers, the folk who've been shopping here year in year out for the past 10 years (or however long it's been open)? Students come and stay for a year in the halls and then fuck off, so why do they get a discount and we don't? It's a bit rude and ungrateful.'

Fanta, AKA Nazi Pop
Fucking hell, I had no idea!

"75th anniversary version

"In February 2015, a 75th-anniversary version of Fanta was released in Germany. Packaged in glass bottles evoking the original design and with an authentic original wartime flavor including 30% whey and pomace, it is described on the packaging as "less sweet" and a German original. An associated television ad referenced the history of the drink and said the Coca-Cola company wanted to bring back "the feeling of the Good Old Times" which was interpreted by many to mean Nazi rule. The ad was subsequently replaced.[11][12]"

Last edited:
Last edited:
A House of Illuminati spokesperson said: " Unfortunately, at the last minute we were let down in many areas of our event and tried our best to continue on and push through and now realise we probably should have cancelled first thing this morning instead.
"Many"? Looking at the pictures, they must have been let down in practically every single area of the event. There are indeed some big sweet sculptures, but pretty much everything else has an air of "not exactly Plan A".

Assuming Plan A was what was promised in the advertising, of course...

Back
Top Bottom