Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

I get the reason for updating the thread title, when it has continued way beyond the original LOLz, some 8 years ago, it makes the subject of thread easier for any posters that have joined since to understand what it's about now, it just seems fairly logical to me.

While we're on a dumbing-down rampage, why not rename the bandwidth thread as "Thread containing series of largely banal memes" and the Ugly Mug one as "Images of the faces of people who post on the forum urban75" and change all the sofa ones too because what about new posters with no ability to work anything out for themselves.

I get the reason for updating the thread title, when it has continued way beyond the original LOLz, some 8 years ago, it makes the subject of thread easier for any posters that have joined since to understand what it's about now, it just seems fairly logical to me.
It also stops posters starting new threads that are duplicate conversations here.

Behind the scenes, I spend time merging identical threads to make the discussions more accessible to all, and although I get why some people prefer threads to live on with titles that have become totally misleading, I think these forums are still moderated with the lightest touch.

And it's nowhere near as bad as hatboy's legendary 'tidying up' of threads and posts!

While we're on a dumbing-down rampage, why not rename the bandwidth thread as "Thread containing series of largely banal memes" and the Ugly Mug one as "Images of the faces of people who post on the forum urban75" and change all the sofa ones too because what about new posters with no ability to work anything out for themselves.

All those examples have logical thread titles.

I would certainly support having all your thread titles renamed as 'yet another banal bore-fest from teuchter'.

...'parts 1 - 999'.

Does Fyre-Cruise slot in to the new format then...?

Does Fyre-Cruise slot in to the new format then...?

Oh, yes. :D

Do we have a thread for disappointing Christmas Trees yet?

0_Gary-OakleyManchester-Evening-News.jpg

Given that it’s still fucking November that tree’s still got plenty of time to grow into something truly spectacular
That's the spirit!

And when it's trimmed up and the lights are lit I'm betting it will be a real winner.

And the one on the other side of the road, in front of the pylon. It will be brilliant.

Last edited:
it looks like they've put some really underwhelming lights on both the tree and the woman next to it.

Back
Top Bottom