Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

It begins again:

An Edinburgh mum says she was unimpressed after being charged £15 for pumpkins - after forking out £38 for a special farm Halloween event.

The local resident, who wishes to stay anonymous, visited Craigie's Farm on Saturday, October 21, with her kids and was excited to experience a fun day out. However, after being a regular customer of the shop for years, she now feels 'disappointed' over being charged £15 for two pumpkins.

:D

Well, this looks promising :D

View attachment 399103

In less than 12 hours the post entitled: "I genuinely thought this was fake. But it’s not and now the kids are crying" on Angry People in Local Newspapers' Facebook page has been shared more than 200 times and attracted a similar number of comments.

Father Wokemas :mad:

Emma said: "I had my young niece with me excited to see Santa, however, when she saw her and heard her my niece became upset and asked where Santa had gone.

"I felt it was wrong considering they had one male elf that could have clearly swapped roles and when I mentioned it to the staff they all laughed."

Other parents claimed it "ruined the magic of Christmas for the children who went to the grotto".

We will be giving all ticket holders full refunds, as well as compensating our fantastic stall holders who went to so much effort. Whilst it was on we had some great times... but it's in everyone's best interests that we stop now, as the overnight weather reports look terrible.
Disappointing :hmm:

and will never forgive.
What is there to be forgiven anyway? The brothers behind the scheme have provided endless joy to countless thousands on message boards across the nation for many years. Hell, I reckon most of those who visited and felt ripped off initially have since come to view their experience as a transformative event and an anecdote they’ll be proudly telling to friends and grandchildren alike for the rest of their lives :)

Thread titles are intrinsic to the threads they generate. Furthermore, there's something nice about inscrutable titles and/or threads that have drifted away from the original intent. There's very often no good reason to meddle with them. There are other forums I post on that are much, much worse with this habit. But can't we just leave them alone unless there's a really compelling reason to change them? It's fair enough when the threads are there as a source of information and it helps people find them, or if they are about some kind of specific event. And yes it's a badgers thread. If this kicks off a hoo hah let it be in his honour.

Back
Top Bottom