Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Another late arrival. I imagine it's probably taken 2 weeks for the MEN 'journalists' to find these comments on social media.

Billed as 'a magical place where dreams come to life' they said it would feature 'four colourful worlds of imagination filled with exciting inflatable creatures such as talking cacti, hanging birds and a giant octopus'.
The true spirit of Christmas :D

This is local to us. I heard that it was shit so didn't bother (sorry thread).
We sometimes walk the dogs there so I'm a bit pissed off about the state they've left it in :mad:
Judging from the photo above, i can see that it must be near impossible to walk a dog in that forest with a road vehicle track in the mud. Dogs tend to get very upset when they see such unbridled carnage, puts them right off a walk.

Better late than never.

"We didn’t get out of the car park until around 9.30pm, by which time the event had already closed." Rebekah said the ordeal upset their children, 12-year-old Annalise and seven-year-old Zara, and ruined what was supposed to be a treat in the build up to Christmas.

I don't mind that this family suffered the alleged woes that they did

Well, this has early promise...

1679699399942.png

Kickstarter page

But now we have a problem…. We can’t tell anyone about it!

To do so would jeopardise the concept, spoil the surprise and potentially ruin the event

So we’ve decided that a crazy idea needs a crazy launch and that’s where you and Kickstarter come in.

We wouldn’t expect people to pay full price for a ticket to an event they know very little about (not even we’re that crazy!) so we've devised...

The Ticket Gamble!
Take a chance on us and place a small deposit down to reserve your place now in return for a 50% discount off the standard full price when we launch.

OR

Wait to find out what it's all about by joining our Priority Booking list and we'll open up the box office to you for a short time before launching to the general public but you'll pay full ticket price.

What we can tell you.
  • The entire event will run for 6 weeks, running each day.
  • We're constructing a purpose-built, indoor arena
  • It will be presented to approximately 40,000 people across that time
  • It will involve a specially produced, seated show and immersive experience
  • It will be aimed at families and young children
  • It will include a Christmas village with rides, shops and activities
  • It’ll include a little Christmas gift for every child that attends.
  • And the chance to meet Santa!
Apart from that….it’s a secret!

Assuming this bit is true:

As a company we've been involved in producing and presenting a wide range of entertainment for over 20 years.

With stadium concerts including Sir Elton John, Neil Diamond, Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, REM, Meatloaf and many others, we've combine our music events with theatre productions, musical tours and even sporting spectacles.
then it might not actually be the scam it sounds like. Quick bit of Googling suggests it might be these folks.

Still... I'm curious why revealing any details would "jeopardise the concept, spoil the surprise and potentially ruin the event", while the phrases "constructing a purpose-built, indoor arena" and "a Christmas village with rides, shops and activities" certainly sound very at home on this thread.

This is so pathetic. Don't want to miss your timed slot that's on a refund-not-guaranteed ticket? Don't go out Christmas shopping on one of the busiest days in the year!
I've just noticed, she starts out being 50 years old but by the end of the article she is 49.

Hopefully by now she has evaporated and lives in Minusland.

View attachment 367880

Kickstarter page

then it might not actually be the scam it sounds like. Quick bit of Googling suggests it might be these folks.

Still... I'm curious why revealing any details would "jeopardise the concept, spoil the surprise and potentially ruin the event", while the phrases "constructing a purpose-built, indoor arena" and "a Christmas village with rides, shops and activities" certainly sound very at home on this thread.
<subscribes>

View attachment 367880

Kickstarter page

And they're doing to do all that with five grand...

Gladiatoral combat with the audience fighting to survive a series of Squid Game style challenges

And they're doing to do all that with five grand...
Very fair point!

This clearly isn't going to be their only source of funding, not least because alongside the non-Kickstarter ticket sale, even backing the Kickstarter doesn't buy you a ticket, just gets you a discount once tickets are available.

However, even with that, does make you wonder what the £5k figure is about. Maybe it's less about generating cash, and more about generating hype and/or evidence of a market, which would then be used to secure other stakeholders like more substantial investment, performers, etc.

Fyre Xmas edition :)
Definitely had the same thought :D

Not a Lapland event, but this seemed like the best thread :D

festivalgoers were left queuing for hours before arriving to a field with limited facilities.

there were just three toilets for hundreds of people.
It's a mud bath and it is not going to get any better, it's getting worse,

It clearly has not worked as smoothly as we'd all have hoped

1682887713948.jpeg

1682887730851.jpeg

Amateur.

Should have tried Glastonbury 2007

I missed that year, but was there for a number of very muddy years, starting in 1982, but it was still a fairly small festival so wasn't too bad compared with 1990, and even worst 1997, there's a list of all the muddiest years via the link below, with some classic photos too.

1a.png

IIRC it was 1990 that I needed a tow from a tractor to get my old BT Dodge van up the hill, from the camping field next to the main stage field, in the days before vehicles were no longer allowed in the tented camping areas.

I couldn't swear as to which was which in my own memory, but was def at '04. '05 and '07, so assuming '07 was the one where entire fields were flooded, tents submerged and people travelling by canoe (not the one in the photo, more the plastic single-seater types).

One other thing I've always remembered that resonated from the article was that if it rains heavily early on, even if the weather is dry after that it can still really impact your experience of the festival overall, as much of the ground will never really dry 'properly'.

I missed that year, but was there for a number of very muddy years, starting in 1982, but it was still a fairly small festival so wasn't too bad compared with 1990, and even worst 1997, there's a list of all the muddiest years via the link below, with some classic photos too.

View attachment 372867

Very prescient of those two chaps to bring a canoe with them!

I was at the 1997 one. It was horrendous
My then girlfriend refused to bring a raincoat. We eventually ended up buying a military NCB rubber suit from some army surplus stall. Both got trench foot. Actually left the site at one point and got to a guesthouse in a nearby village to be told the BBC had booked out everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom