Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

The Marble Arch Mound has been closed for the rest of the week, those booked will get refunds, and those who have already visited will get free tickets to return at a later date, for more disappointment. :D

Westminster council apologised to the first visitors and said it was "resolving teething problems as they emerge".

"We are aware that elements of the Marble Arch Mound are not yet ready for visitors," a spokesman added. "We are working hard to resolve this over the next few days.

"In light of the delay, we are offering anybody who has booked a visit during the first week a return ticket free of charge so that they can enjoy the full experience and the landscape once it has had time to bed in and grow.

I just saw this story on the Beeb and thought of this thread. They might end up delivering what they're promising, but this venture has Fyre Festival-level disappointment potential... :D

Fifteen fucking grand for the privilege of running yourself half to death and sleep in glamping tents :facepalm:

I mean, what's not to like about the race organisers and their target audience?

Race director Rebecca Silva told BBC Scotland the idea was for the runners to "race like a warrior but recover like a king".
She said: "The luxury element makes it very different to other races.
"It's aimed at professionals, who can afford it, who want a sense of adventure but want an element of luxury off the beaten track, in the wild and not in the typical places people explore."

I really wish I could drop some of my morals, because with the access to various people/kit in the events industry that I have, I could come up with all kinds of events to fleece rich twats from their (not so hard earned) cash.

Marble Arch Hill is so shit that even the volk at Brillovision feel confident in sneering at its pretentions and build quality

Best in a while this :cool:

Yep. The pool looks particularly inviting.

46184869-9851383-image-m-36_1627905435866.jpg

Years ago I paid three or four quid to use the Harrods 'luxury toilets' out of curiosity. I'll tell you this much, they don't really hold a candle to the facilities here...

46184867-9851383-image-a-39_1627905555249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom