Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

You may understand my complete disgust by the abuse my staff are experiencing from people phoning for a place to visit Santa. When told we are fully booked, they are then swearing down the phone saying we should be able to fit them in. Sadly, I will be thinking very seriously whether we can provide this sort of service next year as I cannot let my staff or volunteers be abused in this way.

:thumbs:

It seems long waiting times is one of the main themes this year...

But as these things go, these parents didn't have it as bad overall. £14 per head is not nearly as bad as others previously reported, and for once the venue and the decorations look really nice.

It seems long waiting times is one of the main themes this year...

But as these things go, these parents didn't have it as bad overall. £14 per head is not nearly as bad as others previously reported, and for once the venue and the decorations look really nice.

The parents complained of the long queues, and one mum fretted so much about the overcrowding, that she called the police.

Since, the castle has closed following advice from local authorities.

:D

Photographs of the event, posted on social media, show a sleigh attached to a mobility scooter, a foam mat path surrounded by paper lights, a cardboard hut decorated with disposable plates and a maze, made from crowd fencing and covered in tinsel.

I feel upset because I got excited over something only to realise that it's not … what they advertised.

Another parent said she had paid about $130 for tickets to the event and "instantly felt a feeling of shock and disappointment as soon as we walked in".

"If you're going to create a small community-run event with homemade signage and activities, then it needs to be advertised and priced accordingly,"

We've listened to our customers and, we agree, Santa's Winter Village does not meet the expectations of our customers, the broader community or our team at Colonnades and we apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused

1608197867516.png

1608197879727.png

1608197886911.png

1608197894792.png

:D

We need to find some photos of this one :D

Others expressed concern about social distancing, reporting long queues at the 'food village' - which one complainant said consisted of three vans.

"Avoid at all costs! We arrived at Detling Hill at 3.45 expecting a queue.

"We finally reached the entrance at 7.30pm and located a marshal who led us right to the exit as there was no point in staying for the last 30 minutes.

"We didn't get to see anything except darkness and car headlights. I had small baby crying non-stop and let down my ten-year-old too."

"I had high hopes to go out of 2020 with some spirit of good in my heart and you have squashed it. I want a refund - I am fuming."

1608374232281.png

"The Scrooge guy called us all mutants, said Santa has crashed his sleigh and the presents are in the mud, and there was a man in chains by a tree just staring at the car.

"It was creepy, but was meant to be for little kids.

"The light tunnel at the end wasn't even switched on and the Santa couldn't be less interested."

Another parent said: "The gifts were rubbish, not even wrapped, just in brown paper bags and they were things probably bought in Poundland."

Wonderful. :D

Fuck me, Christmas grottos/ festivals have really become the modern swindler’s go-to scam.

Who needs to rent an empty retail unit on Oxford Street to stand in the cold flogging premium-brand laptop boxes containing defunct Tesco own-brand tablets, when you can organise one of these gigs and pay some poor sods to dress up as elves on
an empty field from the comfort of your armchair?

Yeah, feel a bit sorry for these 'actors' , probably on not much more than minimum wage, trying to 'entertain' or 'perform' according to job description and carrying the yuletide expectations of jaded and over-disneyed families on their shoulders. 'The Grinch' person from up-thread seemed an enthusiastic sort but met with mixed reviews from the paying public.

I quite liked the sports-hall lollipops. But yeah, for a school play not a £50 a pop experience.

Back
Top Bottom