Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

On a lighter note...

_110037281_9d149486-ea0f-4e2a-a2d2-5260cb964ef1.jpg

Baby Jesus stolen from charity nativity scene

Image of angry parent with not-really-that-dissapointed child: check

_110037282_1e8da49d-d1e0-46fa-a67e-49191d9133f2.jpg

And for those about to complain this display was for charity and it's not on, the story has a HAPPY ENDING

On a lighter note...

_110037281_9d149486-ea0f-4e2a-a2d2-5260cb964ef1.jpg

Baby Jesus stolen from charity nativity scene

Image of angry parent with not-really-that-dissapointed child: check

_110037282_1e8da49d-d1e0-46fa-a67e-49191d9133f2.jpg

And for those about to complain this display was for charity and it's not on, the story has a HAPPY ENDING
Ah, see, I was all worried about a nativity scene outside a church last week. Everything there but the baby Jesus.

But I was told it's traditional not to add little J. Henry Christ until the 25th, as he wasn't born till then. Realism is paramount.

(I was brought up [a bit] Catholic, so this shouldn't be news to me, but is.)

Last edited:
Ah, see, I was all worried about a nativity scene outside a church last week. Everything there but the baby Jesus.

But I was told it's traditional not to add little J. Henry Christ until the 25th, as he wasn't born till then. Realism is paramount.

(I was brought up [a bit] Catholic, so this shouldn't be news to me, but is.)
Don’t know about public nativity displays, but I’m from Spain where every other fucker puts a nativity display at home, and no-one I know ever waited until Xmas Day to put it up or hid the baby Jesus figure until then.

In fact after thinking about it I can recall seeing countless public nativity displays over the years and I’m certain they were on display before the 25th. The only deference to any timeline is to ensure the three wise men are always placed at the far end of the display, to signify the fact that they won’t get there until the 6th of January.

Don’t know about public nativity displays, but I’m from Spain where every other fucker puts a nativity display at home, and no-one I know ever waited until Xmas Day to put it up or hid the baby Jesus figure until then.

In fact after thinking about it I can recall seeing countless public nativity displays over the years and I’m certain they were on display before the 25th. The only deference to any timeline is to ensure the three wise men are always placed at the far end of the display, to signify the fact that they won’t get there until the 6th of January.
*shakes head sadly*

See you there :(

Oh dear:

Castle-of-Light-Inline.jpg

Expect wonder, enchantment and a spectacle of colour this festive season as Edinburgh Castle, the defender of the nation, becomes the ‘Castle of Light’.
Follow in the footsteps of Scotland’s heroes and be welcomed by stunning visuals and state of the art lighting installations. Watch as the history of this iconic landmark illuminates the very walls that saw it unfold. A magical experience for all of the family - prepare to be dazzled!

Castle of Light | Lead Public Body for Scotland's Historic Environment

£20 - £68 for individual; and various size family tickets.

However, the hot poop from the first night performance is:

The Castle of Light is truly underwhelming. Poorly organised and conceived, primitive child-like graphics and an insult to this wonderful historic landmark.

Best bit is looking over the ramparts at the glorious sparkling city beneath and the mulled wine was good! But overall - very poor and not worth the money.

The current situation just got me thinking how Covid might affect our annual schadenfreudean tradition. At first I thought Coronavirus will deprive us of any new Laplands this year. But now I reckon it might turn out to be a great source of new material. For instance, angry parents with Disappointed Children Left in Tears™ at not being allowed to sit on Santa's lap, but having to shout at him what they want for Chirstmas from 2m away.

Back
Top Bottom