Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

The organisers behind FESTEVIL do seem experienced, but I still think it's a potential candidate for horror, and not in the way intended.

FestEvil is a Live action horror drive through scare maze based at Rock the Park festival site in Wrexham, north Wales. From the safety of your car drive through a series of scenes from you favourite horror movies and TV shows. Featuring live actors & special effects this event is not for the faint hearted.

As you drive into the darkness you'll be greeted by twisted creatures and "unexpected scares" in every drivethru scene. We are the UK's first & only immersive, completely contactless drivethru Halloween experience.

Some scenes are extremely gruesome we recommend ages 16yrs for the attraction. Although any age can attend at the parents discretion. Once your car enters the event you must complete the event in its entirety no matter how scary you cannot leave the event early you must complete every zone.

They don't go into much detail of what people can expect, which could be a lot less than some will be expecting. What about heavy rain & cars sinking into the mud?

The organisers behind FESTEVIL do seem experienced, but I still think it's a potential candidate for horror, and not in the way intended.

They don't go into much detail of what people can expect, which could be a lot less than some will be expecting. What about heavy rain & cars sinking into the mud?

Cars crashing into each other and getting stuck. Scaffolding falling down, screaming children. Great fun. Keep an eye on this one.

They mention it is in a field with mats. It could still be a complete washout. It costs 14 squid a car which is not insane. The photos on the booking page look pretty naff but if I were local I can imagine it being worth a spin.

Actual murderers sneaking into the experience and using it as cover :eek:

Police have launched an investigation into a Christmas event following complaints that it’s a “scam”.

Irate customers have taken to social media, claiming they have been swindled by Winter Wonderland Stirling.

Some have even made the decision to cancel their bank cards following concerns they will be further scammed by what they believe is a “fake” event.

A Stirling Council spokesperson told STV News: “The council is not aware of this event and we have passed this information on to our Trading Standards team.”

Oh dear.

I made a lot of money out of Crinkley Bottom, earning around £600 pw for under 30 hours pw, equal to £1,000+ today according to the B of E inflation calculator, no wonder I felt rich at the time. :eek:

Yep, I worked for the family on developing the door-step delivery services for Cricket St Thomas Dairy, back when most people still had milk delivered, basically taking market-share from Express Dairy. It was easy, as it was locally produced milk, only pasteurised once, 2p a pint cheaper, and if people had 7 pints a week they would get a free family pass to the Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park, where Crinkley Bottom had just opened.

My team were too successful, we were poaching a round a week, around 600 customers, from Express, that in the end Express sold their local depots to Cricket & that brought the job to an end, but it had been a bloody good earner whilst it lasted - mainly because kids were mad for visiting Crinkley Bottom.

That was a good 9 months. :thumbs:

BTW - the Cricket St Thomas manor house was the one featured in the TV programme 'To the Manor Born', lovely house, lovely family/employers.

Words you do not want to hear on a Friday night:

”There is a market at M..... of C...... this weekend. How about going out on Sunday?“

I may have to, just to keep the peace.

:hmm:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom