Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Fury as Black Country Christmas lights switch-on ends in chaos

OSXGDUFHTFFQTHPFBBZJPNENDY.jpg

"Your actually breaking health and safety tonight."

Strong words.

£112k??

Fuck me.

£112k purchase - £80k for the structures, £32k to programme the lights and for installation, removal and storage for future years. Still expensive but not as expensive at it might first seem. I'd guess it'll cost them 5-10k in future years for installation, removal and storage, and the truss used for the structure could be used elsewhere and holds its value fairly well so can be sold on at a future date if wanted.
The artists impression looks a damn sight nicer than the reality though and I can see why it looked attractive:

_109455329_eibha6-x4aatbi1.jpg

I mean I'd keep the ice rink but it's not as big of a screw up as it seemed at first sight.

£112k purchase - £80k for the structures, £32k to programme the lights and for installation, removal and storage for future years. Still expensive but not as expensive at it might first seem. I'd guess it'll cost them 5-10k in future years for installation, removal and storage, and the truss used for the structure could be used elsewhere and holds its value fairly well so can be sold on at a future date if wanted.
The artists impression looks a damn sight nicer than the reality though and I can see why it looked attractive:

_109455329_eibha6-x4aatbi1.jpg

I mean I'd keep the ice rink but it's not as big of a screw up as it seemed at first sight.
they look like they're made out of fruit pastilles in your picture

I was wondering if anyone here has actually ever been to see Christmas lights turned on?
Yes!!
Many years ago when I first moved to London, I went to Blackheath to see the christmas lights being turned on.
There was going to be a mystery celebrity to flip the switch!
The mood of the crowd was electrified with anticipation....."who will it be???!" we all wondered as one.
It was Mr Blobby.

I was wondering if anyone here has actually ever been to see Christmas lights turned on?
Yeah a few times here. Generally done by Basil Brush who is in panto at Windsor (used to be local resident Rolf Harris but uh-hum)

Best though was quite a few years ago in Mitcham.
Geoffrey from Rainbow was switching them on, it was cold, wet there were about 6 of us and a dog watching and when the lights did eventually go on they were shit.
We then went to a pub with a menacing atmosphere to get drunk. Happy days :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom