Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

To be fair, some of the actual attractions look a standard above the usual crap. In the right setting, I think that horse and carriage would look pretty good, and that inflatable assault course thing actually looks like it could be fun.

But it's all in a disused, completely undressed warehouse :facepalm: :D

The Circus Experience ....

38011678_10156088082938371_8202986003162464256_n.jpg

To be fair, some of the actual attractions look a standard above the usual crap. In the right setting, I think that horse and carriage would look pretty good, and that inflatable assault course thing actually looks like it could be fun.

But it's all in a disused, completely undressed warehouse :facepalm: :D
£32.50 a ticket.

£32.50 a ticket.
Oh aye, I'm not defending it or the price. I suppose more the activities - they're of an alright quality, even if the organisation/setting isn't!

It actually looks more suited to an "immersive post-apocalyptic experience" than a children's fair! Which, incidentally, is why I hate 90% of those immersive bollocks; far too often it's half an idea stretched way too thin.

Oh aye, I'm not defending it or the price. I suppose more the activities - they're of an alright quality, even if the organisation/setting isn't!

It actually looks more suited to an "immersive post-apocalyptic experience" than a children's fair! Which, incidentally, is why I hate 90% of those immersive bollocks; far too often it's half an idea stretched way too thin.
Yeah, it's not on the same level as the OG Lapland etc, but for those prices :eek:

For comparison, I just looked up theme parks in London and you can go to Chessington World of Adventures for £29.

I think it's the ten year anniversary of the original Lapland this year. Any plans Badgers ? I'm not sure what day they actually opened so I've diarised 1st of December as my official day of celebration as that was when the story broke. I think I might sit in a puddle of mud with some tinsel and cry a bit.
I think the puddle/tinsel is the best way we can remember the great event :D

I think it's the ten year anniversary of the original Lapland this year. Any plans Badgers ? I'm not sure what day they actually opened so I've diarised 1st of December as my official day of celebration as that was when the story broke. I think I might sit in a puddle of mud with some tinsel and cry a bit.
I might dress up as an Elf and have a disinterested smoke

did they change venue at the last minute because of the weather or something? They would have loved all that shit if it had been outside in the sunshine - it's the warehouse setting that makes it so dreadful...

did they change venue at the last minute because of the weather or something? They would have loved all that shit if it had been outside in the sunshine - it's the warehouse setting that makes it so dreadful...

Their website suggests it was always planned indoors, at 'the print-works', take a look - www.monstrouscreations.co [dot] uk

Total rip-off merchants, I hope they get done for it.

Have we seen any evidence of this? :hmm:

View attachment 142659
They certainly made a pretty good effort with the website for the event. Probably spent more money on it than on setting up the event itself.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the claims made on it, such as the circus workshop being staffed by artists so good Derren Brown calls them amazing, turned out to be a little fib.

Back
Top Bottom