Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

I do not mean to belittle their offence, but "Misleading Advertising" has reached new and previously undreamed of depths since these little shits commenced their lie based marketing strategy, bigger shits have trumped (a whole new thread in that one pun I fear...:rolleyes:) these little shits by a factor of....well, impossible for me to calculate....
stream_img.jpg

Not sure why Mr B Johnson, MP, has not been sued/sprayed by a rogue slurry operator....the Slurry Tsunami appeals most tbf...

isn't it odd that the people in charge know well how important the NHS is to people they see fit to make it a political football at every election, and yet outside of electoral season they work steadily towards degrading the service in order to make its privatisation palatable. Its almost like they think we are idiots or something

isn't it odd that the people in charge know well how important the NHS is to people they see fit to make it a political football at every election, and yet outside of electoral season they work steadily towards degrading the service in order to make its privatisation palatable. Its almost like they think we are idiots or something
Sadly, when you look at Brexiters, Trump voters etc., people are idiots. As Agent K said, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it..."

Sadly, when you look at Brexiters, Trump voters etc., people are idiots. As Agent K said, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it..."
theres an astounding amount of elitism contained within this response while referencing a popcorn sci fi film that is funnily enough about an elite who know best and do best for the sake of us all (I do like these films but heh). We'll leave it there because my initial response was one word.

By way of a warm up, here's a couple of Britain's Worst Christmas Tree stories

Footage of vandals wrecking 'Britain's worst Christmas tree'

Town's 'sad looking' Christmas tree is removed just hours after it was put up

Good to see the true spirit of Christmas is alive in Wales

This reminds me of when I first moved to Taunton, many moons away, and there was this piece in the local rag about the police asking for the Christmas tree to be taken down prior to New Year's Eve, as drunken revellers had taken to climbing it the year before.

Well, the council response was a classic, turning down the request on the basic that the local police didn't have to worry about policing football matches & marches on a regular basis, surely they could look after a tree on just one night of the year.

I wasn't alone in spotting the challenge that was to the local piss-heads, and how they would clearly go out of their way to prove otherwise, even the police realised that.

So, New Year's Eve, the cops put up barriers around the tree, with about a dozen of them penned in.

Did that prevent people climbing the tree? Did it fuck!

Well, they managed to stop most that surged forward, but at least half a dozen made it, climbing the tree, throwing bulbs at the coppers below, with the crowd cheering them on, we shouldn't have laughed, but we did, funny as fuck. :D :D :D :D

This reminds me of when I first moved to Taunton, many moons away, and there was this piece in the local rag about the police asking for the Christmas tree to be taken down prior to New Year's Eve, as drunken revellers had taken to climbing it the year before.

Well, the council response was a classic, turning down the request on the basic that the local police didn't have to worry about policing football matches & marches on a regular basis, surely they could look after a tree on just one night of the year.

I wasn't alone in spotting the challenge that was to the local piss-heads, and how they would clearly go out of their way to prove otherwise, even the police realised that.

So, New Year's Eve, the cops put up barriers around the tree, with about a dozen of them penned in.

Did that prevent people climbing the tree? Did it fuck!

Well, they managed to stop most that surged forward, but at least half a dozen made it, climbing the tree, throwing bulbs at the coppers below, with the crowd cheering them on, we shouldn't have laughed, but we did, funny as fuck. :D :D :D :D
Taunton? Good luck trying to stop a pissed up Royal Marine just back from Norway climbing a tree.

Fuck me things like that make me glad I left London. I've not seen a crowd like that in a looong time now.

I was actually up that way on Sunday for other reasons and the amount of people was properly bonkers. I was heading down Oxford Street from the Tottenham Court Road end at one point and I gave up halfway as there was a sea of people you couldn't get through.

I swear I remember an annual highlight for a small child in Bristol in the early 60s was a sort of "what the butler saw" thing in a Co-op department store that was demolished years ago that featured a static snow scene for the price of an old penny or two.

Last edited:
By way of a warm up, here's a couple of Britain's Worst Christmas Tree stories

Footage of vandals wrecking 'Britain's worst Christmas tree'

Town's 'sad looking' Christmas tree is removed just hours after it was put up

Good to see the true spirit of Christmas is alive in Wales

"Why? Because, despite all the controversy and, in some cases, abuse, the tree is transformed once lit up."

Yeah from a shit tree to a shit lit tree. Magical.

Back
Top Bottom