Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

And quite right too, I say!

Flying about full of fly agaric AND a whole big bellyful of sherry, (and shortbread and raisiny cake) while the reindeer, the extremely exploited and oppressed workers in this deplorable situation, are expected to be humbly grateful for a bit of carrot.

This bit of carrot, remember, is all that is given to the whole team of reindeer workers, and it is surely inevitable that our deer comrades will, one day, as a matter of historical necessity, resist.

They shall throw off the shackles of Santa! And shove Santa into the snow and make him eat it. The very yellow snow.

Last edited:
Looked past our Christmas Market tonight and yes, it looked pretty but kind of left me a bit underwhelmed:

45916430.d4729c66.1600.jpg

45916426.578d6421.1600.jpg

For starters, despite being open for nearly a fortnight, it wasn't very busy - The security must have outnumbered the public 4-1.
Then there were only two stalls selling anything other than fast food.

Didn't bother with the bar/coffee tent when I saw the prices - I've been to considerably cheaper festivals.

Well, either the adults involved are really fucking stupid and bought that jumper without actually reading what it said, or they're willing to sell a bollocks story out to the media for chump change. Neither possibility makes them look good.

Also, assuming he's not acting, the kid needs some extra backbone. I wouldn't have cried about that kind of thing when I was six.

I spent this afternoon at a Christmas fair, out in the country - I am disappointed that it was not disappointing, :(
I was at Winterville at Clapham Common and thinking of this thread. The Christmas market bit was a bit underwhelming and nothing for sale was Christmasy, but sadly nothing worthy of this thread.

Well, either the adults involved are really fucking stupid and bought that jumper without actually reading what it said, or they're willing to sell a bollocks story out to the media for chump change. Neither possibility makes them look good.

Also, assuming he's not acting, the kid needs some extra backbone. I wouldn't have cried about that kind of thing when I was six.
Children can be very sensitive about all kinds of things. You don't know what kind of importance he might place on thinking of himself as a well-behaved boy.

Back
Top Bottom