• No, the US had to cought up plenty for cash for him

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • It is a look alike

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • It is 'Jungle Barry' back from the dead

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by fela fan
And just where is this Hussein man, so triumphantly paraded in front of the world, and who since then has not been heard of?

Completely disappeared he has. And the west - leaders and media - seem to have forgotten about him too.

Just where the fuck is he? Anyone know?

Staying in luxury accomodation in the Ferdinand Marcos Suite of the WHINSEC Hotel.

My my, you do get about a lot. You have just said in this post of yours that ALL the iraqi people, and ALL the world's leaders have decided this man is Hussein. Coz that's over 200 of them.
Of course, I was speaking generally about the complete lack of any credible source reporting any Iraq government minister, Iraqi media, Iraqi religious leader, world leader, media outlet, friend, colleague or family member disputing Saddam' arrest.

I've yet to see a credible claim from any credible source claiming that it wasn't Saddam who was arrested.

Perhaps you might point me in the direction of a few?

And what credible proof have you that it wasn't Saddam arrested? Anything?

Originally posted by editor
I've yet to see a credible claim from any credible source claiming that it wasn't Saddam who was arrested.

Perhaps you might point me in the direction of a few?

And what credible proof have you that it wasn't Saddam arrested? Anything?

You made some pretty definitive claims, whatever you say about your general ideas now.

I actually think it was Hussein, although due to his complete black hole act since being captured by the US army, and the lack of attention given him by the western media (could be wrong there, but i did ask for clarification a while back, and got no one disputing me), i'm beginning to wonder.

I remain on the fence i guess.

And as for proof, the only proof i have of anything is what i've experienced personally, and i ain't been to Iraq, so i'm not offering any.

Originally posted by Barking_Mad
hmm just change "Saddam" for "9/11" and Ive read this thread several hundred times already.

Its tosh.

And i seem to recall that your role on those threads was the same one you are bringing now to this one :D .

Ie, telling urban posters that they are contributing to a load of tosh. Not very nice is it?!

One man's tosh is another man's fun...

And as for proof, the only proof i have of anything is what i've experienced personally, and i ain't been to Iraq, so i'm not offering any.
So you have absolutely no proof whatsoever and can't even provide a single, solitary credible source from anywhere in the entire world supporting the claim that Saddam's arrest was all one big cover up?

Wow. What a persuasive argument that is.

Fela Fan said: And i seem to recall that your role on those threads was the same one you are bringing now to this one .

Ie, telling urban posters that they are contributing to a load of tosh. Not very nice is it?!

One man's tosh is another man's fun...

heh, just my opinion :) I have no objection to people talking tosh, just making the point that its like the 9-11 threads all over again with Ed asking for proof and Dr J. asking what he'd demand as definitive proof. heh, now Ill leave you to it :)

Tosh away!

Originally posted by Barking_Mad
heh, just my opinion :) I have no objection to people talking tosh, just making the point that its like the 9-11 threads all over again with Ed asking for proof and Dr J. asking what he'd demand as definitive proof. heh, now Ill leave you to it :)

Completely the wrong way round. The US establishment has made a claim that editor and others believe. I am the one asking for proof of it (like - let's check his fingerprint or have some proper DNA statement made). There is none forthcoming, though it should be easy to provide. (pk - have you got links for any of your last post?)

All we have from editor is a weak argument that he has not come across anything to the contrary in the press (though the Mirror reported that neither all Iraqis nor US soldiers believe it to be the case).

Now we learn that he is being held in a secret hiding place! Have we seen any live footage? No. It gets fishier and fishier.

And I would be most interested to learn from editor and pk, who both gave me much grief over the Saddam's sons thread, how they account for the continued lack of DNA test results for the two men, when we know the tests were being conducted, and what conclusions they draw from that. I know what conclusion I come to.

Originally posted by DrJazzz
The US establishment has made a claim that editor and others believe.
The "others" being just about everyone else in the entire world, as far as I can see.

Can you produce a single credible source from anywhere in the world reporting that they didn't capture Saddam and it's all a big conspiracy, DrJ?

No? Why not?

What hard evidence have you got to back up your claim that they didn't capture Saddam?

Anything?
Anything at all?

It's up to the US to prove that they have the real one - don't displace the burden of proof onto me. This they could easily do - should they have him, of course.

However it seems that you were treated to an edited version of Saddam's daughter's comments!

"Saddam Hussein's oldest daughter told Al-Arabiya television network her family doubts the pictures are that of her father. In a phone interview, Raghad Hussein, 35, told the Arabic-language channel, "This is not our father"! She added, "This is not how he would act." Raghad Hussein has been granted political asylum by Jordan.

from http://aztlan.net/saddamcapturehoax.htm

...which also reports that a large section of the Iraqi population doesn't believe it either and has been rioting because of it. How do you know what all Iraqis think? I don't see you putting up Arab news reports, you just seem to assume that our press reports things as they are :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DrJazzz
...which also reports that a large section of the Iraqi population doesn't believe it either...
I thought I asked for a credible source, not another of your 'found on the internet' specials.

But why do you have no trouble accepting that's written on that site but immediately doubt each and every media outlet reporting a version that doesn't fit in with your, err, unique viewpoint?

What magical believable, credible qualities does that rather shoddy looking site have over the rest of the world's media?

Do you know anything about the author and the owner?

Exactly why do you choose to believe that site over so many others?

So you have absolutely no proof whatsoever and can't even provide a single, solitary credible source from anywhere in the entire world supporting the claim that Saddam's arrest was all one big cover up?

Wow. What a persuasive argument that is.

I have zero motivation to provide, never mind look for, any proof. As i said, it cannot be so unless i personally experience it.

Nor am i here to persuade anyone of anything.

But going by your own rules of 'combat', where is your proof, you know, from any single or solitary or credible source from anywhere you choose in the whole entire world that the man the US say is Hussein really is?

Or are you just relying on hearsay and circumstantial evidence due to apparantly overwhelming opinion?

Who's more likely to be lying: Hussein's daughter or the US military/government?

I have zero motivation to provide, never mind look for, any proof. As i said, it cannot be so unless i personally experience it.

Nor am i here to persuade anyone of anything.

But going by your own rules of 'combat', where is your proof, you know, from any single or solitary or credible source from anywhere you choose in the whole entire world that the man the US say is Hussein really is?

Or are you just relying on hearsay and circumstantial evidence due to apparantly overwhelming opinion?

Who's more likely to be lying: Hussein's daughter or the US military/government?

Hussein's daughter you fool!

Oh well. Not much point trying to argue with you then.

Oh well. Not much point trying to argue with you then.

That was according to my rules of engagement for being on urban.

But having stated that i would play by your rules, you have completely ignored my questions.

Excellent selective wriggling out of a tight corner. But obvious as hell!!

Is it any wonder i don't try and persuade you, or any other non-doubters of the US official versions of things, to see things from another viewpoint?

Because not in a million light years would you do so. How about those questions eh?

...you have completely ignored my questions.

Excellent selective wriggling out of a tight corner. But obvious as hell!!
Don't be such a prat. I've already explained the reasons for doubting the 'exciting' Saddam conspiracy theory and I'm not going to repeat them all over again for your benefit.

Don't be such a prat. I've already explained the reasons for doubting the 'exciting' Saddam conspiracy theory and I'm not going to repeat them all over again for your benefit.

So you're not going to answer them then!! They are asking for answers that don't include anything you've covered so far. They were looking at reasons for doubting the US version. Hardly prat-like behaviour.

You make an eel feel positively rough...

I have no idea why the hell i am subscirbed to this thread :confused:

nutters one and all

and we go ...

round, round, baby round, round ...

You make an eel feel positively rough...
Of course!

A spaced out dreamer like you - who readily admits that he doesn't "look for any proof" - knows sooooo much more about 'the truth' because you just instinctively 'know it', don't you?!

But remind me. Exactly why do you think it wasn't Saddam who was arrested?

The rest of the world's media - and his former colleagues, friends and enemies - don't seem to be questioning the story, so exactly what are you basing your doubts on?

Of course!

A spaced out dreamer like you - who readily admits that he doesn't "look for any proof" - knows sooooo much more about 'the truth' because you just instinctively 'know it', don't you?!

But remind me. Exactly why do you think it wasn't Saddam who was arrested?

The rest of the world's media - and his former colleagues, friends and enemies - don't seem to be questioning the story, so exactly what are you basing your doubts on?

I'll forgive your memory this time, coz you're pissed. But it was only on a recent post on this thread that i said i thought it was hussein that was captured, but only recently was i beginning to find doubts in my head.

But you often fail to read what i say, perhaps you're always pissed?!

I base my doubts, coz i do have them, on seeing the footage of him when he was led from his hole, and when he was being dna tested.

And the fact that we've heard not a sausage about him since. I mean where the fuck is he now?

And the fact that the USGs and military have a propensity for lying and for black psych ops.

Very reasonalbe doubts, and therefore although i think the man was hussein, i'm not sure, and i wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out NOT to be him.

Now have another beer...

Grow up. Twat.

I refuse to grow up. Way too serious a game to get involved in.

A twat for pointing out to you a truth? I was a prat according to you earlier too. And a spaced out dreamer. You're good with the names in your debating style.

Okay, let's meet half way... i'm a truth twat.

I refuse to grow up. Way too serious a game to get involved in.

A twat for pointing out to you a truth?
You're a twat for suggesting that I'm "always pissed".

And as for your unique, evidence-not-needed way of discovering the 'truth', it's really not worth the trouble discussing.

You clearly think you have extra special, truth-seeking, super powers.

I think you're a deluded, pompous dreamer, completely out of touch with reality.

But hey! Why let reality trouble your inflated self-opinion when you know the truth, eh?!

Heh heh, good one mate. You're never short of the lingo.

Let's just put it this way: i (whoever you think i am) am but a mirror to yourself... get that if you can.

As for the pissed comment, couldn't you tell it was said in jest, as a mild piss-take??

And of course i know the truth. I can't understand what's so problematical with truth. It's little more than the sun rising every morning and setting every evening. It's hardly a bold claim to some sort of self-intelligence, or whatever else it is you are attributing to me... err... your mirror... err, oh never mind, it'll be much easier if you think i am who you think i am... don't be letting reality intrude upon your judgements of other posters...

Let's just put it this way: i (whoever you think i am) am but a mirror to yourself... get that if you can.

And of course i know the truth.
Matron! The screens!

matron.gif

Fela fan wants to know where he is now - being interrogated.

I don't like the yanks but i believe they have him and are in a no-win situation with the conspiracy theorists/apologists.

If they show him regularly on television they're degrading him and they're told it's inhuman - if they don't show him they've something to hide.

Case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Also, early in this thread someone was surprised Saddam hadn't got a moble phone - I wasn't . As proved in the case of the yank who ran of with the british schoolgirl (I forget their names) they can trace you from your mobile phone , even if it's switched off. You have to remove the batteries to be safe.

US gives Saddam enemy POW status

US officials say the ousted Iraqi leader, Saddam Hussein, is being treated as an "enemy prisoner of war".

A Pentagon spokesman said he was given the status as he was the leader of the "old regime's military forces".

The spokesman, Major Michael Shavers, said Saddam, captured by US troops in December, was entitled to all the rights under the Geneva Conventions.

Link

Friggin 'ell...that'll be a first for the US Occupiers :eek: Let's hope they allow access from various NGOs to finally verify who this character is. Personally I reckon that it might be him after all

This course of action looks as if it may be in preparation for the release of some of the 'illegal combatants' being held in Guantanamo Bay innit.

Fun times ahead indeed :)

D'ya think they'll put him on trial?

That'd be even more fun. Can you imagine Rumsfeld & Co. being called as material witnessess

WOW :eek:

Originally posted by vimto
D'ya think they'll put him on trial?

That'd be even more fun. Can you imagine Rumsfeld & Co. being called as material witnessess

WOW :eek:

If the US is as bad as you say it is, and the govt people as guilty as you say they are, then they'll probably just take him out into an alley and shoot him.

Back
Top Bottom