Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

I’m going to a 90s birthday party in a couple of weeks.
Just ordered a couple of black satin slip dresses and some ear cuffs.
I’m planning b&w tee underneath, b&w converse, big hoops, velvet heart necklace and lots of black eyeliner. It’s a shame rimmel don’t do black cherry lipstick anymore.

I’m even tempted to get some dewberry body spray but I think I’m the only one who’d appreciate that effort. 😄

Space buns in my hair maybe?

Sadly I am not 90s skinny and neither are my brows after significant expense and effort.

I’m going to a 90s birthday party in a couple of weeks.
Just ordered a couple of black satin slip dresses and some ear cuffs.
I’m planning b&w tee underneath, b&w converse, big hoops, velvet heart necklace and lots of black eyeliner. It’s a shame rimmel don’t do black cherry lipstick anymore.

I’m even tempted to get some dewberry body spray but I think I’m the only one who’d appreciate that effort. 😄

Space buns in my hair maybe?

Sadly I am not 90s skinny and neither are my brows after significant expense and effort.
I don't know whether you have a branch of Claire's near you, but I've bought black cherry lipstick there before. But there is always the risk that after seeing all the 90s tat in there, you'll come out significantly poorer!

I don't know whether you have a branch of Claire's near you, but I've bought black cherry lipstick there before. But there is always the risk that after seeing all the 90s tat in there, you'll come out significantly poorer!
I didn’t think to look for lipstick but will try and pop in. I’ve just ordered some massive hoops and ear cuffs from there.

After a not very encouraging time looking for a dress to wear to my son's bar mitzvah last week (everything's sodding belted 'midis' and tent-like prairie dresses that are no good for me) I decided to forget about a new dress, as I have a few nice ones I don't wear enough, but I do kind of need some new smart shoes. But then looking online I could not find anywhere what I wanted (black, close-toe non-espadrille wedge heels), just close approximations of dull black court shoes I have already - even if I wanted to spend more money.

Spotted these on Collectif's site on sale for £25. Not 100% sure they'll go with the dress I have in mind, but for 25 quid, might as well.

shoeses.jpg

I bought some combats. Helikon, olive green and same fit as a pair of Carhartts I had in the 90s.

Ripstop polycotton. US battle dress uniform, whatever the fuck that is.

Feel they will last a lifetime :cool:

Sooo I bought those cute shoes above to wear with bar mitzvah outfit. And found the dress I was thinking of wearing with it only just fits so it would be contingent on not putting on any weight at all, with a holiday in the middle. And I am not going on a fucking diet just to be sure of fitting a dress. Slight panic dress shopping online as I will have very little time to buy anything in person for ages, but found this on Joanie which is cute, should also go with shoes, but also only £30 on sale. Size is a risk - the shape should work, but there is a risk it'll gape around the bust as a size twelve, though I suppose I can get it taken in a bit if so.

zooey.jpg

Sooo I bought those cute shoes above to wear with bar mitzvah outfit. And found the dress I was thinking of wearing with it only just fits so it would be contingent on not putting on any weight at all, with a holiday in the middle. And I am not going on a fucking diet just to be sure of fitting a dress. Slight panic dress shopping online as I will have very little time to buy anything in person for ages, but found this on Joanie which is cute, should also go with shoes, but also only £30 on sale. Size is a risk - the shape should work, but there is a risk it'll gape around the bust as a size twelve, though I suppose I can get it taken in a bit if so.

View attachment 434169
It arrived yesterday and is very nice on. Its a little big round the bust but you can't tell unless I lift my arms right up!

Back
Top Bottom