Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

The sailing is well dodgy. Basically, the Dane and the Dutchman both said he touched the buoy. He says he knew he didn't touch it, but he also knew it was his word against two of theirs, which was never going to go his way. So he took a penalty spin rather than fight a battle he would lose. If he's right, it's blatant cheating.

It backfired anyway, cos it pissed Ainslie off. He took his revenge today on the water with a breathtaking display of match racing.

As for the Cav-German debacle -- I just think the British team got their tactics wrong. Simple as that. You can't rely on other teams to do what you want them to do and then cry about it when they don't.

meh.ro6547-455x329.jpg

The sailing is well dodgy. Basically, the Dane and the Dutchman both said he touched the buoy. He says he knew he didn't touch it, but he also knew it was his word against two of theirs, which was never going to go his way. So he took a penalty spin rather than fight a battle he would lose. If he's right, it's blatant cheating.

It backfired anyway, cos it pissed Ainslie off. He took his revenge today on the water with a breathtaking display of match racing.

Silly question but do they not have marshalls? Or video evidence as used by the very exact track scrutineer?

Silly question but do they not have marshalls? Or video evidence as used by the very exact track scrutineer?
Apparently not. Obviously they do have cameras, but having been treated to a million slow-motion repeats of the incident courtesy of the Beeb, it was totally unclear whether or not he touched it. Too far away, I guess, and moving around on the fishing boat bobbing sea. So it would have just come down to his word against theirs and that would mean he would lose. Those sneaky forners, you can't trust 'em you know. But on the plus side, they don't like it up 'em.

Or some touch sensor.
Yeah, that would seem sensible. But again, apparently not.

I like this new event where they have to follow an old priest for a bit before he gets the message and lets them get on with it

It puts me in mind of an old Frenchmen on his bike with his baguette in a basket on the front of the bike... and an angry peloton behind him all itching to get past.

What the hell was that I saw earlier?

Why do they cycle in a nice neat line behind an old man on a moped before the race starts?

Utterly weird.

3.25 seconds AHEAD as they go into the final lap.

Pissing all over everyone else.

e2a: and a new world record.

Properly sick cycling there :D

What the hell was that I saw earlier?

Why do they cycle in a nice neat line behind an old man on a moped before the race starts?

Utterly weird.
Google it.

Started out as Japanese battle cycling for gambling / bookies.

Then the rest of the world began to tame it :D

Once you understand that, the rest all begins to make sense :D

Back
Top Bottom