Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Custom number plates

Saw this wanker plate yesterday on a red Land Rover with minor customisation:

BA55 DUD

I bet the owner wanted BA55 DUDE instead but it obviously wasn't available. BA55 DUD will never bring them lasting happiness.

Bass dud. What does that mean?

My dad has one which is our surname, I dread being gifted it when he hangs up his driving gloves.

A friend had A944 WAK on his Porsche, but it was the registration when it was first registered. A "lucky" event.

I only ask as there in an S4 in my office car park and the number plate is S5 FAV. Guess he used to have an S5 and needed an estate as he does bring a dog to work with him. I could always ask him I suppose, but speaking to people, nah...

I used to work with someone that had 60F.
He thought it would be worth a lot when Ferrari released the successor to the F50. They didn't

According to DVLA, it's still on the Pantera although it is SORN. (TBH I don't know if he still owns the car, but he was / is a larger framed chap, so maybe he can't get into it any more)

1606658055332.png

when the blue tory / yellow tory government was new in 2010, they had a website where they invited the public to make suggestions to improve the public finances.

one of my suggestions (before they blocked my e-mail address) was that they should double all the fees for personal number plate related stuff, and be honest and call it a 'twat tax'

Funny ones are ok, but personalised ones suck a bit I think.

There were some executives for a company whose plates read SOD1 SOD2 etc (Special Operations Director) I believe, all on black 5 or 7 series BMWs.

There's a house near me that has two cars in the driveway.
T100THE
D3CAY

I'm torn between 'funny' and 'fuck off' every time I go past

Saw this in West London a while back

JAEW359.jpg

The Lord Provost of Glasgow is ferried around in G0, which is the only '0' in the country. The owner of G1 wouldn't sell it, so 'G0' was created.
It's not the only one, there is also S0 and V0. However I believe both have a similar tale.

There are various 'O' plates, like O2, O3 etc - I've seen one of these on the road once.

Here it would be possible to have 0000 OOO as a plate, but I’m not sure if it could be bought. It’s possibly the only one I would consider. I love the idea of the confusion and annoyance it would cause British police when I’m home. However, I think I might very quickly tire of it.

Recently I saw MI6 TOPS (or TOP, can’t remember for sure). Which I thought was particularly stupid even in the world of personalised number plates. Because either you work for MI6, in which case publicising the possibility you do and bringing attention to yourself should be the last thing you should do. Or you don’t, and you’ve paid thousands for a bizarre tribute to a government intelligence agency when a sticker would have done.

Recently I saw MI6 TOPS (or TOP, can’t remember for sure). Which I thought was particularly stupid even in the world of personalised number plates. Because either you work for MI6, in which case publicising the possibility you do and bringing attention to yourself should be the last thing you should do. Or you don’t, and you’ve paid thousands for a bizarre tribute to a government intelligence agency when a sticker would have done.

I'm pretty sure I once saw M16 Spy on a porsche on embankment once. Which is your example but twice as stupid.

DVLA says it is now on a BMW. I wonder if the luggage space is sufficient?
1606816932343.png

Back
Top Bottom