Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Critiquing Oasis

He was absolutely fucking brilliant btw. I'd gladly pay £150 for a gig that great again.

I saw GSH twice, once in a one-day festival on the South Bank and once in Manchester; he was great both times.

In Manchester, he asked the crowd, "What do you call someone from Manchester?"
They shouted back, "Mancunian!"
Gil, "I wouldn´t call anyone that!"

I saw GSH twice, once in a one-day festival on the South Bank and once in Manchester; he was great both times.

In Manchester, he asked the crowd, "What do you call someone from Manchester?"
They shouted back, "Mancunian!"
Gil, "I wouldn´t call anyone that!"
I was very lucky. Saw him at my first Glastonbury (1986) when I was just a kid and he absolutely blew me away. He headlined the Pyramid on the Sunday night. Then that Jazz Cafe one and again at Glastonbury in later years. He was unique, I think. I'd always come away thinking Id seen something really special. Aalways had a great band behind him whenever I saw him, too.

So, did anybody get into the ballot? None of us (three of us) did. I am absolutely not bothered about that but I imagine my son is a bit disappointed.

I had a dream that my brother got tickets, but there is absolutely no fucking way he will have been bothered to do any of this.

So, did anybody get into the ballot? None of us (three of us) did. I am absolutely not bothered about that but I imagine my son is a bit disappointed.

I had a dream that my brother got tickets, but there is absolutely no fucking way he will have been bothered to do any of this.
Neither me nor my OH, no. Will be in the free-for-all tomorrow.

I am ridiculously excited about all of this.....this is me>> 😍 since I heard it on the radio! :D
I've always found Liam's typical Manc attitude and arrogance secretly sexy as hell. I also loved the way he used to mouth off at other artists :oops:

I've only seen them at festivals in the past and I was convinced I'd never get the chance to see them on their own after being at the V festival in 2009..my God talk about heart breaking performance :( it was just like seeing a couple you'd known and loved for years holding onto the dying threads of their relationship...Liam was like an angry ( nothing new there) caged tiger prowling around not knowing what to do with himself and Noel looked like a broken man on the brink of tears for the most of it. They couldn't even look at each other and there was no brotherly piss taking banter.....you knew that was it! .....very sad to witness.

My sister is going halves with me as a surprize for our older sister who has had a very shitty year with health and things. Fingers crossed we manage to get tickets, we haven't told her yet in case we're not successful......Screaming songs of our youth at the top of our lungs and getting embarrassingly drunk is just what the doctor ordered in our case :D

I know they are certainly not every ones cup of tea....but I'm very happy to have been given another chance to see them live... thank you the Oasis machine :D

I think this sums up how sad my last memory of them was....

Tell you what, there's some tooons on their last album, Dig Out... didn't appreciate it at the time, think I just wanted them to knock it on the head for a bit, so didn't give them a proper listen.

Oasis are getting back together, and their stadium tour next year is sure to result in some of the most sought-after tickets on the planet. Fortunately for you, we’ve provided you with a fool-proof step-by-step guide to avoiding disappointment.

Simply follow the steps below, and we guarantee you’ll be perfectly happy when Oasis world tour tickets eventually go on sale.

Step 1: Develop a better taste in music.

Step 2: The end. You’re welcome.

Wasn't there a self-appointed 'Jungle Committee' who declared that 'Incredible' wasn't permitted? :hmm:
Might be interested in this post and also this old DJ Rap interview as she was ostracised a bit for continuing to play it and I suspect there was some sexism being played out too from the key players of a male-dominated scene.

I can understand what was happening on one level - the music went overground and suddenly artists like Levy were becoming the face of it and being interviewed by the mainstream press and media, rather than the DJs that shaped the scene. I think they reacted about one strand of the music being narrowly represented as 'what is jungle', especially given Levy's typical of dancehall brashness, and there was a sense of 'we're losing control of this scene we created' and so protecting that. What happened when the hardcore scene went overground was possibly also in memory.

In reality, the music was already let loose. And even if I have huge respect for them, there are some big egos too amongst the 'godfathers of jungle/dnb'!

Last edited:
Funny you should mention Jazz Cafe because I went to see Gil Scott-Heron there once and we were moaning that it cost over £20 at the time. :D I think he was just playing a couple of one-off nights there, no full tour or anything so they'd had to fly him over and whatnot.

But yeah, imagine moaning about a gig ticket costing twenty quid. :D
It's all a matter of perspective innit, there's an old Conflict song slagging off metal bands with the immortal lyrics "Three quid to stare at some thick arse/Don't complain you're broke". (cf. also that Dead Kennedys line about "You'll pay ten bucks to see me on a fifteen-foot-high stage" from the same era.)

Good luck to anyone trying to get a ticket this morning. I logged on to Ticketmaster to try and update my credit card details at about 10:30 last night and the app was broken even then. :D

I am bored by all the hype surrounding this.
I am trying to get tickets for AN Other and failed in yesterdays ballot.
If Indeliblelink has half a million + in front of them I hate to think what this means
1725091076503.png

Back
Top Bottom