Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

This doesn't necessarily mean they are infectious though. It is part of the natural process of the immune system producing anti bodies. The same is true of more cold and flu viruses. I'm not saying it is that but it could well be. There may also some good news in there if that is the case because a longer time with the virus present after symptoms is linked with increased antibody response and therefore longer lasting and stronger resistance to the virus after infection.

This doesn't necessarily mean they are infectious though. It is part of the natural process of the immune system producing anti bodies. The same is true of more cold and flu viruses. I'm not saying it is that but it could well be. There may also some good news in there if that is the case because a longer time with the virus present after symptoms is linked with increased antibody response and therefore longer lasting and stronger resistance to the virus after infection.

There was one study in Germany which had maximum infectious period at 5 days before and after symptoms appear.

I really think I might get stuck here in Turkey:
Turkey: transport ministry cancels all flights to nine countries (Germany, France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Sweden, and The Netherlands) starting 8 AM tomorrow, ending April 17th.

What seems particularly frightening about the article is the anecdotal reporting of the number of young people with no comorbidities in ICU. Is this an anomaly compared to other countries or is it consistent, i.e. lots of young people have caught it and a predictable (but low) % of that total will present with severe respiratory difficulties and require intubation?

That is some pretty terrifying reading. Holy shit.

There was one study in Germany which had maximum infectious period at 5 days before and after symptoms appear.

Yeah I've seen that. Not seen any evidence that it's as long as 37 days like that article says either. Was just saying that because the virus is present doesn't necessarily mean someone is infectious. It wasn't clear in the article which is not good writing from them.

So the Welsh / Scottish rugby match expected tomorrow at the millennium stadium Cardiff ( EST 78,000) now gets cancelled 24 hours before kickoff , after large numbers of Scots have already made the journey and are wandering around in queenstreet in their kilts !!!! ...needs a facepalm gif

I hope the touts are fully stocked up

Just 8 deaths in the last 24 hours in China and just 22 new cases reported.

Is anyone keeping up to date with what is happening there?
Have they started to reduce their restrictions?

Just 8 deaths in the last 24 hours in China and just 22 new cases reported.

Is anyone keeping up to date with what is happening there?
Have they started to reduce their restrictions?

Yes but not Hubei.

Our workmate's brother is a a junior doctor, he's been telling her that surgical assistants at a London hospital are being drafted as ICU nurses, surgeries cancelled, operating theaters are repurposed as ICU beds. Apparently, they had an in depth mask fit test with gas inhalation testing etc and then at the end was told that it wouldn't matter anyway because they're about to run out of masks.

This afternoon UCLH was doing something interesting on their parking lot, setting up pods/tents for patients.

Man, I feel sorry for the NHS staff.

Last edited:
President Donald Trump says that he "may add" the UK to the list of European countries affected by the US travel ban. He said his government is looking at the rise in cases in Britain in the past 24 hours, which he described as "precipitous".

The total number of cases in the UK is now 798, up by more than 200.

From the BBC live updates page earlier.

Self isolate for 14 days... self isolate for 7 days... test people who might have it... nah, fuck that... oh, just let it run... detain them!... sing happy birthday... fucking hell, Johnson's response makes Labour's Brexit policy look like a model of clarity and consistency.

Back
Top Bottom