Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Assume all have signed this?

If anyone is still on Facebook this group is organising something. not sure what yet but it's got quite a large membership.

This was just posted in that group:

1. INDOOR MUSIC PERFORMANCES HAVE BEEN LEGAL SINCE 4TH JULY 2020. The UK is currently in STAGE 4 of the Government's 'COVID-19 5 STAGE ROADMAP TO RECOVERY' which permits indoor performances where 1m social distancing is adhered to.
2) Any performers ARE NOW REQUIRED BY LAW to supply their OWN MICROPHONE, CABLE & INSTRUMENTS (Also items including Plectrums, Drum Sticks, Capo's and Spare Strings) & could also be given a sealable bag to safely contain their Microphone & Cable post performance.
3) I AM NOT CURRENTLY HOSTING ANY KARAOKE'S. AT ANY OF MY EVENTS... absolutely no equipment will be shared whatsoever with the exception of 2 microphone stands and a seat (which will be sanitized during an allocated 10 minute period between Artists)
A maximum of 2 people will be singing (at my events) at any time, distanced 1-2m apart.
4) I continue to liase with and always follow up to date Guidance and Publications from:
▪︎The Office for Product Safety and Standards ▪︎Public Protection | Adult Social Care, Health Integration and Wellbeing Department of Stoke-on-Trent City Council
▪︎UK Government Covid-19 Recovery Strategy (dated Sep 2020)
▪︎Tower Hamlets Council (Advice)
▪︎The Music Producers Guild
5) AT ALL PUBS All customers are required to wear a facemask upon arrival & if travelling to Toilets or a Desinated Smoking Area / Seated at 1m Distance / Track & Trace as is Mandatory
6) I have PLC insurance with Allianz which covers myself & the Public for any injury that occurs on or off site.
7) I am in fact also a Personal Licence Holder with SOTCC. As Per the Licencing Objectives: Due Dilligence and the Protection of the Public are paramount & remain my number 1 priority and I fully ADHERE TO CURRENT LAWS, WHICH I AM FULLY IN COMPLIANCE AND AGREEMENT WITH.
7) All Artists must be situated away at a safe distance from the public (vice versa) & the volume of the performance, won't be at such a level where it is required to shout or even speak loudly.
8) Currently All Licenceable Premises have a MAXIMUM CAPACITY due to the social distancing required to protect the public due to COVID-19, and this must not be exceeded AT ANY TIME. Additionally, all customers must be vacated by 10pm.

There will be a maximum of 3,000 audience members at any one performance,' the RAH explain, 'in addition to around 100 members of front of house, security and catering staff.

That is 56.9% capacity

Why are people not able to go to football and other outdoor sports? Why are exhibitions not able to open?

There will be a maximum of 3,000 audience members at any one performance,' the RAH explain, 'in addition to around 100 members of front of house, security and catering staff.

That is 56.9% capacity

Why are people not able to go to football and other outdoor sports? Why are exhibitions not able to open?
How are they allowed to do that? I've given up trying to follow these rules now.

It’s a total mystery why a group of people that have thrown the event tech support industry on the scrap heap would find their event tech not being very reliable.
Shocked to the core again and again by how little they understand any industry. They think 'all that stuff just happens' don't they?

FFS

Can't even get it right themselves but it is our fault and cross to bear.

If anyone is still on Facebook this group is organising something. not sure what yet but it's got quite a large membership.

It's a bit of a mess TBH, lots of random posts, no direction, and Fred from Right(wing) Said Fred managed to post up some conspiraloon nonsense under the radar.

I'll hang in for a while to see if it goes anywhere.

Worth signing:

Also:

The government is facing a legal challenge to its 10pm curfew amid mounting anger in the hospitality industry.

Jeremy Joseph, owner of the G-A-Y nightclub and pub group, said he would pursue a potential judicial review of the national curfew on hospitality venues if the restriction is not dropped.

In a letter to Matt Hancock, the health secretary, lawyers acting for the business challenge the logic of what they call an “arbitrary decision” and have hired Sam Karim, QC, of Kings Chambers.

They say they will launch judicial review proceedings if Mr Hancock does not provide a “satisfactory response” by 4pm tomorrow.

I can't read the rest because it's on a cunty paywall

Worth signing:

Also:

I can't read the rest because it's on a cunty paywall

The government is facing a legal challenge to its 10pm curfew amid mounting anger in the hospitality industry.

Jeremy Joseph, owner of the G-A-Y nightclub and pub group, said he would pursue a potential judicial review of the national curfew on hospitality venues if the restriction is not dropped.

In a letter to Matt Hancock, the health secretary, lawyers acting for the business challenge the logic of what they call an “arbitrary decision” and have hired Sam Karim, QC, of Kings Chambers.

They say they will launch judicial review proceedings if Mr Hancock does not provide a “satisfactory response” by 4pm tomorrow.

The curfew, which forces hospitality venues to shut at 10pm, was introduced in England on September 24 in an attempt to curb resurgent coronavirus infections.

Mr Joseph, 53, said the curfew “makes absolutely no sense”, and added: “It does the opposite of protecting people by pushing them on to the street at the same time. They are going from being safe inside venues with staggered closing times to unsafe on overcrowded streets and overloaded public transport.
“This government has failed to show why the 10pm curfew was put in place and has published no scientific evidence to substantiate its implementation.”
G-A-Y Group runs two bars in London and one in Manchester, and Heaven, the nightclub in Charing Cross, London, known for its long association with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender scene.
Nightclubs have been closed since the lockdown began in March. Heaven is instead trading as a “bar and live entertainment venue” at reduced capacity to meet government rules, the group said.
Michael Kill, chief executive of the Night Time Industries Association, said the trade body was supporting Mr Joseph’s move. Mr Kill said the curfew had resulted in “thousands of businesses making the difficult decision to close the doors, or make staff redundant”.
Tim Martin, boss of the Wetherspoons pub chain, has called it “utterly stupid”.
More than 1,000 publicans have added to the pressure with an open letter urging the government to “think again over the damaging 10pm curfew, which has seen pubs up and down the country face a business-threatening drop in trade”.
The letter to Rishi Sunak, the chancellor, organised by Campaign for Pubs, says the curfew and mandatory table service had resulted in huge drops in trade.
The group said many pubs are reporting that trade has fallen by up to 70 per cent and that there is “huge anger towards the government and a sense that pubs are being both scapegoated and allowed to close”.
The letter urges Mr Sunak to “support pubs or be responsible for mass closures, job losses and hardship”.
A Treasury spokesman said: “We’ve supported the hospitality sector from the start of the outbreak, protecting millions of jobs through initiatives such as the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, VAT cuts, business rates holidays and cash grants of up to £25,000.
“Our support for business continues to reach millions of firms, and we stand ready to do more as necessary. Businesses can still access our loan schemes, a moratorium of eviction for commercial tenants and the statutory sick pay rebate scheme. The job support scheme is designed to protect jobs in businesses facing lower demand over the winter due to Covid, and is just one form of support on offer to employers during this difficult period.”

I will not support a stance that is based on claims that the businesses involved are Covid secure.

Although closing at 10pm is counterproductive in some ways, these sorts of appeals mention the devastating effect the curfew has had on customer numbers. And that in itself would be expected to be one of the reasons the curfews could actually makes a difference to infection, by reducing footfall in general.

Not that I would mess around with curfews if I were making the decisons, I would have just shut these businesses instead and given all concerned financial support.

I will not support a stance that is based on claims that the businesses involved are Covid secure.

Although closing at 10pm is counterproductive in some ways, these sorts of appeals mention the devastating effect the curfew has had on customer numbers. And that in itself would be expected to be one of the reasons the curfews could actually makes a difference to infection, by reducing footfall in general.

Not that I would mess around with curfews if I were making the decisons, I would have just shut these businesses instead and given all concerned financial support.
The 10pm think is ridiculous. Pubs are as full as they're going to be at that time so everyone goes to the loo with 5 minutes to go and then leaves at the same time. It's the time when I feel the least safe in pubs. Plus everyone just starts drinking earlier and power drinks as soon as the 9.15 bell goes. I fail to see how staggering these times wouldn't improve things overall (given that people really want to go out and venues really need to stay open to survive).

The 10pm think is ridiculous. Pubs are as full as they're going to be at that time so everyone goes to the loo with 5 minutes to go and then leaves at the same time. It's the time when I feel the least safe in pubs. Plus everyone just starts drinking earlier and power drinks as soon as the 9.15 bell goes.
I've seen a lot of people making these kinds of claims, and a lot of landlords complaining their pubs are dead all night. Which is it?

I've seen a lot of people making these kinds of claims, and a lot of landlords complaining their pubs are dead all night. Which is it?
It can quite easily be both, depending on:

(a) the pub
(b) the area
(c) the day of the week

I live in Brixton which has a long strip of bars and at 10pm the streets are very busy. I'm sure things might be quite different at the Old Scrotum's Tavern in Little Nowhereville.

Back
Top Bottom