Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

There's talk of Glastonbury not happening now until 2022. It's an ongoing shitshow for anyone involved in the music/DJ/PA/promoting/agency business and it's not going to get any better for a very very long time.

editor /anyone -- is there a link for that?

A festival friend of ours said (the other day) that they'd seen a story about Michael Eavis (?) being worried that G2021 wouldn't happen, but I've been struggling to find details .... :confused:

Lighter Crew!
36Lwk.jpg

editor /anyone -- is there a link for that?

A festival friend of ours said (the other day) that they'd seen a story about Michael Eavis (?) being worried that G2021 wouldn't happen, but I've been struggling to find details .... :confused:
I definitely read it somewhere in the last week. Will try and find it. I can't see how they can plan now for next year, not only because they'd struggle to get insurance in current times. Which would cause problems drawing up any contracts.

Any festival / events company with any level of professionalism should be considering that no events next summer is a very real possibility. Will of course cause a real headache with all those tickets rolled over from this year.

I’m hopeful that festivals with open sided tents will be deemed safe and next year will be amazing for festivals. I can be a bit of an optimist though.

The way I see it is that the picture won't really be any clearer until we are a good way into winter. By that time though planning (and spending money) will have to have started. There must be a lot of organisers out there who cannot afford another cancelled summer and may opt to just skip 2021 altogether.

Any festival / events company with any level of professionalism should be considering that no events next summer is a very real possibility. Will of course cause a real headache with all those tickets rolled over from this year.
My band has had some of this year's UK gigs rescheduled to May 2021. I'm not that optimistic they'll happen. Having all my work taken from me with zero prospect of an end in sight is really beginning to effect my mental health, and I'm normally a chirpy fucker. I imagine there's many, many others who are worse off than me too.

The way I see it is that the picture won't really be any clearer until we are a good way into winter. By that time though planning (and spending money) will have to have started. There must be a lot of organisers out there who cannot afford another cancelled summer and may opt to just skip 2021 altogether.

Bolded bit : definitely true.

Was proud of my colleagues and industry yesterday, every protest was a superb advert for them. Brilliantly organised, as you’d expect. Everyone interviewed was consistent with their message, and dozens of them took to social media in a calm and measured way to take on the usual moaning dickheads.

Im not going to hold my breath for it changing anything just yet, but at least people are going down fighting.

DJs on the mic in the post Covid lockdown era:

"Hey everyone - stop dancing! Don't sing along! Don't come near the DJ booth! Keep away from us! Sit back in your socially distanced seat and chat quietly!"
Fat boy Slim played in Ibiza yesterday as the screens said 'eat, sleep, stay in your seat'

Maybe it's a class thing... The theatre people rub shoulders with the key media people...
Then again it's not as if Albert hall and Southbank are squat raves.
I don't know.... I just can't understand why this isn't a bigger story and issue

ETA: then again the theatre lot didn't get that much out of the government

Back
Top Bottom