Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread

5w0g3u.jpg

Delta Omicron is also an anagram for Climate Donor, Clarinet Doom, Contrail Demo, Coronal Timed, Menial Doctor, Retail Condom, Erotic Almond, Lard Emoticon, Triad Monocle, and, perhaps most ominously, Rectal Domino.
I like retail condom. Should make it part of the official response to this variant.

Forgetting xi for the moment, what happened to epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda and mu? Disappearing variants, I think we should be told. OR have they got all of them in reserve in case omicron doesn't work? Eh? Eh?

Forgetting xi for the moment, what happened to epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda and mu? Disappearing variants, I think we should be told. OR have they got all of them in reserve in case omicron doesn't work? Eh? Eh?

I thought they had maybe had a few quiet ones since Delta. Though I did hear they skipped Xi to avoid upsetting the Chinese, and the Nu variant would have led to endless confusion.

They're in test tubes in laboratories somewhere, IN RESERVE.

Well I've just done my research and they say that the theta variant was found in Philippines. I still prefer my explanation though. That's just saying where the test tubes are held.

I thought they had maybe had a few quiet ones since Delta. Though I did hear they skipped Xi to avoid upsetting the Chinese, and the Nu variant would have led to endless confusion.

I just checked the above nonsense and it turns out to be true. :D and :eek:

Nu variant would have led to endless confusion.
I’m never sure if they are intending to use the Ancient Greek or Modern Greek alphabet for these things, but if it’s the latter then it is actually pronounced “ni”, as in “knights who say”. Because in modern times, upsilon is pronounced “ipsilon”, with the letter υ being effectively a short version of a y. And this is reflected in how you pronounce the letter ν. (Or το γράμμα «ν», if you prefer).

I’m never sure if they are intending to use the Ancient Greek or Modern Greek alphabet for these things, but if it’s the latter then it is actually pronounced “ni”, as in “knights who say”. Because in modern times, upsilon is pronounced “ipsilon”, with the letter υ being effectively a short version of a y. And this is reflected in how you pronounce the letter ν. (Or το γράμμα «ν», if you prefer).

They still would have been printing it as the 'Nu variant' in newspapers etc. :D

WnZB7taR6FJmKt4GuTuoYZ8G3uc-V8q0tL92mlin08N-YKUE-7qRYPBNFZ9pH33Hf4i-SpBHPEauQmIb493_RUKSKryYO-vYxb-Kig

Back
Top Bottom