Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

I notice Tesco over the road has marked out 2m spaces outside and put some barriers by the door - evidently expecting queues again the next few weeks. I don't think they're limiting numbers currently, but guess they're planning to in run up to Christmas.

I dont make a habit of watching Sky News but anyone who has forced themselves to watch many of the press conferences in full has probably seen that Beth Rigbys questions were often far from the worst of the bunch. Its hard for me to currently imagine her being able to ask such questions in future, it would be too awkward surely. Like Angus Deayton trying to carry on presenting Have I got News For You after becoming part of the news himself.

They haven't sacked her. :mad:

Just 6 months off air, and 3 months for both Beth Rigby and Inzamam Rashid.

I suppose I'm not that surprised that they fudged it. Sidelining them from the screens until the winter period is over sounds like the bare minimum, wonder if it will even be enough.

Meanshile I continue to not like the look of data for London, the South East and the East of England. Putting those areas in tier 2 was an obvious mistake and now the consequences of that shit judgement are unfolding. These are just simple dashboard screenshots, as I havent had time to look at the hospital data yet.

Cases by specimen date:

London:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.35.18.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.33.50.png

South East:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.35.01.png
Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.34.09.png
East of England:
Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.37.07.png
Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.37.18.png

I wonder what will be said in todays press conference. I suppose I'll tune in at 5.

Oh FFS, new cases reported today are 20,946, the highest since 19th Nov.

People were moaning around here that Worthing Borough had not gone into tier 1, because our cases were so low, they've gone up 96% in the last 7-day, we are back to around 46 per 100k.

And, the same was going on about Tunbridge Wells Borough going into tier 3 with the rest of Kent, they have gone up 72% in the last 7-day, around 209 per 100k,

My gut feeling is these figures will continue to creep up until until Christmas, and explode soon after, with another national lockdown in January. :mad:

Government briefing at 5pm today :hmm: wonder if it’s an update on vaccinations or tier reviews.

Tier reviews arent due till the 16th but they may feel the need to make noises urging people to follow the restrictions.

I would love them to surprise me by responding proactively to the situation, but thats not been their way so far.

The London data posted above by elbows is fascinating. There seems to have been a large breakout in the last week in November. I'm tired of speculating but interesting and really dispiriting all the same.

I suppose I'm not that surprised that they fudged it. Sidelining them from the screens until the winter period is over sounds like the bare minimum, wonder if it will even be enough.

Meanshile I continue to not like the look of data for London, the South East and the East of England. Putting those areas in tier 2 was an obvious mistake and now the consequences of that shit judgement are unfolding. These are just simple dashboard screenshots, as I havent had time to look at the hospital data yet.

Cases by specimen date:

London:

View attachment 242680

View attachment 242679

South East:

View attachment 242682
View attachment 242681
East of England:
View attachment 242683
View attachment 242684

I wonder what will be said in todays press conference. I suppose I'll tune in at 5.

The three regions I mentioned earlier, London, the South East and the East of England were all name checked by Hancock today in relation to worrying rises.

It's beginning to look a lot like... tier 3 in London before Christmas.

I wonder about the timing though. National Tier review on the 16th, so earliest new Tiers would be in is the 17th, but then the Xmas infection bonus break is only 6 days later on the 23rd, so wonder if they'll hold off until after that's over? I expect they'll be huge pressure from the hospitality industry to leave that week in Tier 2...

Pesky kids! Was on a tram full of them on my way home - most without a mask.

I get the feeling the powers that be in London are desperate just to get through to Christmas eve in tier 2.

Back
Top Bottom