Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

So, in the absence of being able to visit with the gifts we have for people, I did some flowers for people we we planning to see. Except, they had to cancel about 50% of my orders.

"
As I’m sure you are aware from the TV news over the last few days, importing goods from the continent is proving challenging right now. Many of our florists receive their deliveries of fresh flowers from Europe and, unfortunately, some of them are already struggling to get hold of enough stock to fulfil all of their orders this week.

I am really sorry to have to inform you that the florist who was due to deliver your gift for you has notified us that they have been affected by this problem and, as a result, we are not going to be able to make your delivery for you.

"

I havn't seen the TV news.

My sis and I swap tokens for Christmas - she likes National Trust so I went to order and they do tokens by e-mail get sent instantaneously, other places may too?

My sis and I swap tokens for Christmas - she likes National Trust so I went to order and they do tokens by e-mail get sent instantaneously, other places may too?

I bought my parents a "voucher" from here as we won't be in Dublin for Xmas this year.

There is a double up offer on today.

This is the bit where someone tells me they are somehow massively flawed isn't it? I hope not :(

I'm suddenly reminded of that bit in The Day After Tomorrow when Mexico had to close it's border because of the millions of US refugees flooding from the North.

View attachment 244615

In about March someone on my street that I'd seen about sometimes saw me and said goodbye as they were being evacuated back to Kuwait (I think, maybe it was the UAE?). Anyway, they knew I worked in the NHS and when they left they came round and gave me their last box of masks and gloves and said sorry about how things were here but they were happy to be going back home.

Almost as if some (London) cunts decided to upsticks and go somewhere nicer for Xmas
The timing surely would indicate that it would have been people from North Kent or South Wales going somewhere nicer a week or two ahead of Christmas.

As usual though, innocent Londoners get the blame.

Back
Top Bottom