Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

BBC South East saying just that for parts of Sussex.

I am not sure they will bugger about further with Christmas at this stage, but certainly the rest of East Sussex should be moved into tier 3, and ideally Brighton & Hove city and West Sussex.

Even better all non tier 4 areas should move to tier 3 & then tier 4 from Boxing Day.

He'll never say sorry though, not ever. That would be properly shocking if it happened.
Fair, no, he probably wouldn't. But it might be the same kind of wishy-washy "we face challenges, but we will stay resolute. It is essential you don't panic buy, now if you'll excuse me I have to drive my forklift to the Waitrose warehouses".

They should just be done with it and shunt the whole fucking country into Tier 4 for a minimum of three weeks and spend the time sorting out vaccine distribution and fixing their buffoon-powered Track and Trace app.
Feel very conflicted about this really. My area has been under restrictions since July, the figures have fallen dramatically since the start of the last lockdown, it actually feels quite safe here right now for the first time in a long time. I know that's probably not going to last, given the new variant, but it really looked like we were heading for Tier 2... hard when you have had about three weeks of semi-normality since March to not clutch at straws.

nothing to do with fucking a pig tho

Afraid it is, de Offal has just shaved a bit.

humans-and-pigs.jpg

They should just be done with it and shunt the whole fucking country into Tier 4 for a minimum of three weeks and spend the time sorting out vaccine distribution and fixing their buffoon-powered Track and Trace app.

Totally that. Tier 4 for whole of UK until end of January then review. Vaccine roll-out and new strain investigations as quick as possible. Massive support for all people impacted. Bank holiday long weekend for the summer promised.

Massive support for all people impacted.
I'm convinced this has been (unsurprisingly, given who we're talking about) one of the key motivators behind people breaking lockdown.

Adequate support, both financial and social, would have meant people bought into it more, and engendered the sense of communal responsibility/sacrifice that's needed in times like these.

Of course, you'd also be battling against decades of "Trust your gut, not the experts! Individual freedom, rah, rah, rah!", but it would have done something...

Back
Top Bottom