Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Where are you staying? Are you familiar with Paris? Worse places to be!

Quite a stiff lockdown in Paris though, bars and restaurants closed, president laid low with the bug, cases surging, that's before they find out they have the UK's mutant strain all over the shop...One of my punters just told me that they are hearing rumours that the lockdown may last until summer :eek:

Fresh food comes through the port, the UK only has about three days of stock of certain items at this time of year. This will affect us all and fairly quickly with shortages of certain fresh food in shops.

I’m regretting reading the news this morning.

Picked up a few fresh veg this morning from Tesco, was pretty quiet thankfully.

I have some sprouts and kale on the allotment to pick as well if I want green stuff.

Last edited:
Quite a stiff lockdown in Paris though, bars and restaurants closed, president laid low with the bug, cases surging, that's before they find out they have the UK's mutant strain all over the shop...One of my punters just told me that they are hearing rumours that the lockdown may last until summer :eek:
Here or there..?

I always leave Christmas food shopping (and the rest) until the last minute, only I've done my back in. My partner is going this morning, seems a bit risky to leave it any later.

I just watched a clip from sky news talking about the cobra meeting. The gov is now monitoring how much food is left in the shops. I’m trying to remember who said “if the UK gets cut off for longer than a week there will be riots”

Dover 2017 handled 26000000 lorries. 70000 per day. So In just 48hrs there will be a staggering 200000 lorries sitting around the port. Few EU drivers are going to come in as they will be stuck. How the fuck do you unwind it if they do reopen.

I always leave Christmas food shopping (and the rest) until the last minute, only I've done my back in. My partner is going this morning, seems a bit risky to leave it any later.

I run a surplus food project and if the ammount of stuff we have been collecting from supermarkets is anything to go by, people are not buying no where near as much (unless they are all leaving it until the last minute). We are collecting at least 2 or 3 times as much as usual!!

Quite a stiff lockdown in Paris though, bars and restaurants closed, president laid low with the bug, cases surging, that's before the find out they have the UK's mutant strain all over the shop...One of my punters just told me that they are hearing rumours that the lockdown may last until summer :eek:
Wouldn't surprise me, the estimated timescale for vaccination is like September for most people. But there's lots to do in Paris without spending any money, the parks and so on, provided they're not all closed off too.

Wouldn't surprise me, the estimated timescale for vaccination is like September for most people. But there's lots to do in Paris without spending any money, the parks and so on, provided they're not all closed off too.
I think they were before because it was all got a bit party time. (The Buttes Chaumont was at least according to a friend who lives next to it.)

Yeah they were in OG lockdown but I think that was before we understood a bit more about transmission, the long term nature of it all, etc etc so not sure if it'd be the same now.

I think fresh food will run low or out certainly for a few days, I can't see how this can be avoided given our total reliance on the Dover-Calais crossing.

My man Christian Drosten reported to be '“everything but worried” about the viral mutation at the moment'.

So on that, it does sound like the UK government might have shot itself in the food [ETA: Freudian slip there, I meant "foot") internationally, with the potential over-hyping of this new strain for domestic purposes. (Not to say that case numbers per se aren't utterly horrendous and terrifying :( )

I guess more will be revealed in the fullness of time...

Last edited:
I don't know, I've read different things from different scientists I respect, there doesn't seems to be a consensus at the moment. I'm listening to the twiv episode now (which was recorded on 18th December so might be out of date currently). However they haven't got onto that part of it yet.

My man Christian Drosten reported to be '“everything but worried” about the viral mutation at the moment'.

So on that, it does sound like the UK government might have shot itself in the food, internationally, with the potential over-hyping of this new strain for domestic purposes. (Not to say that case numbers per se aren't utterly horrendous and terrifying :( )

Oh, you can guarantee a few Tories will have said that the timing of this new strain is a spot of good luck.

So on that, it does sound like the UK government might have shot itself in the food, internationally, with the potential over-hyping of this new strain for domestic purposes. (Not to say that case numbers per se aren't utterly horrendous and terrifying :( )

I like this guy, suggests the same

Boris Johnson is now the worst person I can think of in charge right now and needs to resign.

Back
Top Bottom